16: Rival to the Rescue.

****
Dara adjusted the glasses feeling a sense of anxiety as she walked toward the library, it had taken her everything to find that place and she had to be quick. She held her bag tightly and ran across the room as fast as she could. This was not the first time she was crossing the road but it was always with somebody.

She ran into the library, looked around trying to navigate the large building, she turned to the receptionist that sat across the room, "hi, good afternoon, I am looking for the legal studies side of the library," she looked around once before her eyes went back to her, "up the stair to your left," she said not looking up at him.

"Thank you," she smiled and walked away, she climbed the stair and looked around, Nisi waved a little, and Dara jogged in and took a sit opposite her, "hi," she greeted. Nisi nodded smiling brightly, "how are you dear? I brought snacks. Do you want some?"

Dara shook her head, even though Kelson had lost her trust, it did not mean she should believe the first person that seemed nice to her, "I just need to know the truth, I want to know how exactly the whole thing started."

"I do not know honestly, you just seemed to be easy to prey on, so like classic Kelvin he did what he did best and tortured you. It was seriously disgusting," Nisi shook her head.

"He tortured me and Kelson allowed it?" Dara asked feeling disappointed. Nisi shook her head, "as I said, Kelson was not in the country, he came back on the night of the party but unfortunately, the both of you got into the accident and here we are!" she exclaimed earning a glare from a guy sitting across them. She rolled her eyes looking back at Dara.

"Dara I know this might sound hypocritical, but Kelson is your friend, I saw you arguing in the car, he would not do anything to hurt you, I swear!" Nisi vouched. Dara sighed resting back on her chair, "everything is so confusing! I do not know what to do."

"Are you sure you do not want chivita? It is very nice," Nisi took another sip and sat back watching the wheel spin in her head, "I have things to do, thank you," she greeted stood to her feet, "wait let me get your number babe! I will like to get to know you better!" Dara hurriedly pulled out her phone and pulled her number out for Nisi to copy it.

"Goodbye," she said collecting back her phone and turning, she walked out of the library hurriedly.

****
"Hey," Kelson walked toward Dara, it had been three days since their fight and she had been occupying his mind all through. They slowly walked side by side and they took a sit by a bench, not far from the library.

"You called?" he said after a while of tense silence, "I know that I have been the best person to you but it is tiring that I have to learn about my life from other people and to find out what your twin did and how do I just go on with my life like that?"

Kelson blinked multiple times and sighed, "I am sorry I did tell you about the bullying issue. I did not even know how I would say it, I wanted to protect you and I promise you he would never do anything to harm you or anyone else again I swear."

"I get it, I just..."

"Shhhh!" he interrupted her, "don't sweat it," he rubbed her arm reassuring her, "have you used your drugs today?" he asked and she passed him a guilty smile, "I am sorry I forgot, I was very stressed and I had to just find out the truth."

"From Nisi?" he asked his demeanor changing, "Nisi is my friend, you are going to have to accept it."

"Be careful Dara not everyone is your friend," Kelson said with a hint of worry, "common let get some gelato, it will be an apology for what happened the day before yesterday."

"I would like gelato but it does mean that I will forgive you!"

"Okay, okay, common."

****
Dara took a deep breath, her doctor had asked her to try jogging to help better her health, she stopped and pulled out her earpieces that were playing music.