47: Romance and forgiving the past.

****
"Hey?" Kelvin turned and watched her walk toward him, "you know I did not mean what I said like that?" she asked softly.

"I do not care about the bullying thing Dara," he placed his hands softly on her shoulder, "you have every right to say all those words but Kelson, he has gone too far, alcohol should not be an excuse for trying to touch you?" she shrugged and sighed.

"I did not let it happen," she tried to counter, "but what if you couldn't have stopped him? What would have happened then? How would things have turned out? U don't know why he is acting like this all of a sudden," he shook his head, in despair.

"I know you are not happy about what is going on but he is still your brother, he is just hurt and we should be there for him. He was there for me and I will forever be indebted to him," she said as he pulled her into a deep hug, she sighed feeling at peace.

Everything suddenly felt a thousand times better in his embrace. The warmth of his body engulfed her making her feel safe and secure.

"I will talk to him and tell him you have forgiven him," he started making looking up at him, "I forgive him? What of you?"

"I canker forgive him, Dara, not now at least, he assaulted you and I know this is supposed to be you forgiving a friend but he is not my brother nor my friend and he knows better than to touch a girl like that."

"Well... Just... Tell him I forgive him," he nodded and place a kiss on her forehead, "this is so nice, the view from here, I swear the penthouse has everything you need, the people that built it have sense," he chuckled as she continued babbling about the penthouse.
****
"I have an idea," Dara looked from her phone at Kelvin entering her room with a grin, "it's 2 in the morning what idea cannot wait till morning?" she asked plugging her dead phone. She wondered why the battery was this bad, she was planning on changing it after the exam.

"We have to do it now, it will not be fun if we do not do it now," he said with a grin. Dara rolled her eyes, "what exactly do you want to do this night bayi?"

"Well, I have several things that I want to do actually," he said sitting on her bed, "so there is this seaside restaurant that just opened and I want to try the suya, we can sit by the beach for starters but first Stephen is in the studio with a famous artist who I will not be telling you his name, you will have to guess who he is and we can always go and visit the aquarium that just opened not far from the beachside and..."

"That one is enough now! Which one is beachside? I am might get sick from the cold," she shook her head not agreeing, "Okay, okay, do you not want to see the surprise artist I have for you?"

"Stephen is the one who has the artist in the studio, why are you behaving as if you invited the artist?"

"Don't be ungrateful, now let us go!" he pulled her arm but she was still unwilling to get up from the bed, "you are crazy Kelvin, your girlfriend is tired you cannot even say let me rub your feet, you want to carry me around Lagos, do you know how stressful that is?"

"Stop complaining Dara and try to enjoy the moment," she rolled her eyes getting up, "I am tired o, it's not even healthy that we are going to be running around Lagos in the middle of the night."

"You like complaining! Just follow me!" he shook his head, she carried her hoodie and her phone, "wait let me get a snack!" she ran to the kitchen and opened the cabinet taking cheeseballs from it. He had stocked the house with snacks and parties because he knew how much of a sweet tooth she had. He watched her with a smile jog back toward him and they walked hand in hand out of the penthouse.

"Here," he pulled out two pairs of sunglasses, "you will need this, and wear the hood of your hodie," she collected the glasses and tried to wear them while holding her cheeseballs.