50: The close save.

****
"How could this happen? She was supposed to be in your care!" Maria yelled through the phone at the school's vice chancellor, who was trying to calm her down.

It had been two hours since they had found Nifemi and Dara collapsed in her room, her parents were called as paramedics wheeled them out of the hostel and police placed Bobby into their vehicle, Dara had texted Kelson, and one could see that it was rushed and was not well formed.

She called him Kelvin in the text, so he knew the text was not for him. No after what he did just a few days before. The text barely made sense but how she texted him, he could deduce that she was in danger. He tried calling all his friends and his brother but none of them picked up, he could blame them but it was an emergency.

He rushed off to the penthouse that he was denied access to and had to beg security to show them the text he had gotten from Dara, he finally let him up praying that it was not another one of his schemes to anger his brother. When Kelvin saw him entering, he wanted to punch him but Kelson told him while he was there.

Kelvin went mute before taking the phone from him to check what he was talking about and whether he was lying or not. Kelvin ran towards the living room and grabbed his keys, he followed Kelson out of the penthouse and they headed for school. They got to school in record time and started texting Dara, to get to reply. They met up with Luis and Dele who were not far from the hostel. They explained in a rush what they suspect was going on, and although Dele and Luis were not too happy about Kelson's presence they knew there were bigger things to worry about.

Eventually, they got to the hostel and to inquire about her room, the hall manager frowned, she had allowed a boy access to the block when he said that one of the girls was his sister and they were very sick and he needed to take her to the hospital, he had to give her twenty thousand and she was desperate.

They showed her the message and at first, she was a little sceptical about letting them in but they threatened her. She followed them up to the room to make sure they were not laying and to direct them to the room they were looking for. She used the staff's key card to enter. The scene she was met with was devastating. Then the nice guy who had given her twenty thousand was standing over a girl that he was hitting.

Another girl was lying on shattered glass unconscious and battered, Bobby looked up at them muttering a brief shit, he ran toward Dara, who had her eyes closed. Kelson's jaw clenched and he went for Bobby. Dele and Luis ran toward Nifemi scared and worried. Her pulse was fair and she was bleeding.

"Fuck! we need you to call the school's ambulance! They are dying!" Dele yelled at the hall warden who stops there still in shock, "Dara! Dara! Fuck! I don't think she is breathing!" he stated panicked.

Bobby just stops there staring at them mutely, "what the hell did you do Bobby?!" Kelson yelled out to Bobby, but he went silent as the hall warden requested security in the hostel building, Kelvin lifted Dara. Her cheeks were red, and her whole face even. Her head was dangling and she was barely breathing.

Luis lifted Nifemi and ran out of the room, Kelvin followed him and they made their way toward the elevator where the securities were flooding out of. Kelvin's heart could not stop pounding, he could not think, he just knew he needed to get her to the hospital, he felt himself going haywire. He could not think of any other thing apart from that.

They got to the nearest hospital in record time, and the girls were admitted. That was two hours ago and they were present in front of Dara's room waiting for the doctor to come out.

The doctor did not have to disappoint as she and three nurses made their way out of the room, "good afternoon, you are the family of Darasimi Oladele?" The Doctor asked and the family gathered to hear what had happened.