25: Meeting Layo.

****
"Are you sure all this is not too much?" Dara asked looking at the back seat of Kelvin's car full of basic groceries, she looked back at him wondering why he was doing all of that. He shrugged, "Kelson did it before he went on the trip, I don't want his absence to affect anything," she looked back at the large packages at the back.

"He did but not this much, aunty Keasa has pride, I am not sure she would accept all of this."

"I bought it already, aunty Keasha would not want to waste it, you cannot return it so she could just keep it." she gave the back sit another worried glance, maybe bringing him with her was another bad idea, "stop worrying Dara, it not that big of a deal, it 90k."

Dara scoffed, "that 90k to me is a lot, but thank you anyways, this is a lot but thank you," he smiled, "you are welcome miss worry, are we there yet?" Kelvin asked looking around the slumpy area. It was not the best area in town but that was where aunty Keasha could afford and she had to deal with it. This was where she and her kid grew up and nothing could change it.

"They're right there!" she pointed at a neat-looking house that was almost worn down by age, it was not painted but was plastered and had burglary-proof protecting the front doors. She smiled as she watched aunty Keasha sitting on the bench picking beans. She looked up to see a high car approaching them, she watched as the car stopped and Dara came down the car with a smile on her face.

She stood up quickly and yelled Layo's name who was inside the house watching a cartoon, Layo ran outside to find her mother, she stood still a little unsure, when she saw her the last time they saw was not the best and although they have spoken through the phone she did not know how unstable her mother was.

"Layo," Dara opened her arms with a smile promoting the child to run into her arms, Kelvin shifted from one foot to another, he had never gotten to a place like this before and to see that this was where some people loved was sort of a reality check for him.

"How are you, my dear?" Keasha greeted happily, Dara seemed brighter and loser and aunty Keasha had prayed long and night that her child finds peace, "I am fine o, I missed you guys that's why I decided to visit," Keasha nodded and her eyes flew to Kelvin who was still looking around.

"And who's this?" Dara turned to Kelvin and back to Keasha, "oh he is my friend, he is Kelson's twin brother, he is name is Kelvin," she introduced.

"Good evening ma," Kelvin slightly bowed and smiled, "well isn't this nice, she you people want to come in like this?"

"Of course!" Dara nodded eagerly, with Layo still Jn her arms, "I even have a gift for you Layo! A very special one," she blinked curious, "what is it?" she asked softly.

"Well, Kelvin decided what would be fit for a princess like you andddddd we decided a barbie doll would be the best!" she said excitedly, Layo squealed happily as Dara brought out the doll from her bag, "thank you mummy! Thank you!" she shirked excitedly.

"Now go and play with it mummy and aunty Keasha has to talk," she nodded distracted and ran off with the toy in her arms, "please sit," Kelvin took a sit on one of the old worn out chairs, not far from where Dara decided to sit.

"How are you, my dear?" Dara nodded, "I am fine thank you ma," Keasha sighed in relief, "you seem to be doing better, are you taking your medication? Besides, where is Kelson anyway?"

Dara cleared her throat, "he had business in Calabar, he left the last two weeks and his crew member had a little accident, you Don't need to worry, he is fine. He will be back in Lagos in the next two weeks."

"My son," she turned to Kelvin who smiled politely, "good evening ma," he greeted again and she smiled, "you truly look like him, how are you?"

"I am fine ma, thank you ma," he said politely, "you are also Dara's schoolmate?" he nodded, "yes ma, we are even project partners," he added.