37.

Y/N

I was back at my place blasting music throughout the house as "Hotel Lobby" by Quavo and Takeoff were playing and I was rapping to it along with packing some of my things for the new house. My phone started ringing as I grabbed it off of my vanity desk that was in my closet. I looked at the name realizing it was my lawyer over my case Latasha. I paused the music playing throughout the house then answered my phone.

"Hello?" I answered "Yeah you got a minute?" She questioned. "Yeah what's going on?" I asked " I just received a call from Atlanta's criminal investigators division and before the media starts covering it I want to inform you So you're not surprised" Latasha started off. "Latasha what's going on?" I asked. "The other person responsible for your house break in is one of Maya's cousins" Latasha informed as I just stopped in my tracks. "Wait" I started off confused. "So it's one of Jevons friends and the other is Maya's cousin?" I asked.

"Yes so they're being taken into custody as we speak. They're going to be questioned to see if Jevon or even Maya at this point had something to do with it" Latasha started off "Then they will be charged of course, then court" she informed as I just pinched the bridge of my nose. "Because of what's going on and who they are tied too they are now becoming apart of you and Maya's case against Jevon" Latasha added. "So with that happening and me staying out in LA, what's going on with Maya did she accept witness protection for the meantime til we settle this thing with Jevon and the court?" I questioned.

"Maya didn't take witness protection she in fact stated she wasn't going to take it" Latasha informed as I scrunched my brows. "What?" I asked "I thought she told you?" Latasha asked. "No she hasn't even checked up on me after the house was broken into. Maya hasn't spoken to me since before I left to go to New York and she texted me was I at the house before everything went down" I explained looking at the messages between Maya and I. "Y/N was she your friend prior to this?" Latasha asked. "Honestly Latasha" I started off. "When Jevon and I were together he cheated on me with her multiple times and that's how they ended up getting together" I admitted.

"I've talked to her about the problems I were having with Jevon as far as abuse and etc and she basically blamed me for why he was abusing and sexually abusing me" I honestly said as Latasha sighed. "Maya didn't put that out there for the world to know" I said. "And she's not" Latasha said. "Keep me updated on if anything else is said or something is going on, Michael definitely called the right shots as far as you staying out in LA because this something isn't right" Latasha expressed. "Especially It being Maya's cousin and Jevons friend trying to break into your house" she added. "Yeah but I'll keep you updated" I assured "alright be safe and I'll talk to you later. "You too and thank you" I thanked "you're welcome, we're going to get you Justice" she assured as There was a ring at my doorbell and we said our goodbyes.

I hung up then headed downstairs. Once I made it downstairs I peeked outside seeing Michael. I went to the door and opened it. "Hey baby" I said as he smiled. "Hey" He said closing the door behind him before wrapping his arms around my waist. I just smiled and wrapped my arms around his neck. He kissed my lips as I smiled. "You started looking at furniture?" He questioned as I pulled away and shook my head. "Not yet" I said as he placed his hands in his hoodie pocket and chuckled before he looked at me funny.

 "Not yet" I said as he placed his hands in his hoodie pocket and chuckled before he looked at me funny