51.

February

Y/N

It was now February as Michael has been gone for a month and some days filming for black panther out in Atlanta. I was out in LA due to helping Laila get ready for her Grammy performance. At first Laila didn't want to open up for the Grammys because she felt like it was a huge thing for her to be doing this soon and it scared her but after the family convinced her to do it she's been having high anxiety about it. I felt bad because she was truly scared and everyone was looking at the fact it's her opening the Grammys and it being a big thing but I understood how she felt. Laila was one of the best performers for the VMA's and was even recognized for it by many celebrities and fans but she was feeling weary about this. Now Because of her having high anxiety about the performance she said the only way she would do it is if they allowed me to be on stage with her so she could be more comfortable.

We were currently at the dress fitting my mother was having for the performance and for the red carpet making sure everything fitted perfectly. "I always loved you in red" I heard Laila say as my mother fixed the hem of my dress and laid it perfectly on the ground. "It looks sexy against your skin" my mother said as I looked in the mirror at it and it did. " I used to HATE bright colors against my skin" I honestly admitted. "Meanwhile  I always told you it made you pop" she said. "Your skin is so beautiful" Laila said as I smiled. "Mean while I'm over here looking like light bright" she started off as I looked at her crazy. "Why I couldn't be dark skinned too they don't even believe you're my mother and you're my sister" Laila brought up.

"Laila don't say that. Don't pay into the colorism bullshit. You know how genes work" I said looking at the time on my phone reading 12:25 pm. I had a doctors appointment at my OB/GYN at 2 so I had to hurry up here and go there. "You know y'all father was light skinned Y/N just took after me and you took after him" my mother explained. "Your skin is just as beautiful Laila" I assured her. "I don't like the stigma behind it though" she said. "Trust me it don't matter if you're light skinned or dark skinned there's a stigma because you're a black woman" my mother explained as I agreed. "Besides you change the narrative and stigma by showing that not all of us act like that. That's what I do" I said "you be you and don't changed" I assured her as she smiled.

"You're beautiful" I said reaching for her hand as she smiled harder and held my hand as we looked at ourselves in the mirror. My phone begun ringing as I looked down and seen it was a FaceTime call from Michael. "Hey baby" I answered "Hey" he said getting in the camera with his hair and mustache all grown out. "Make sure you cut all that down by the time you get back home" I said as he laughed. "Why you hating?" He asked "ain't nobody hating I want my man back" I stressed as he chuckled "relax They're doing my hair tomorrow" he assured. "Aight and it should be gone by the day after tomorrow when I see you right?" I questioned as he sucked his teeth. "I'm going to be filming still" he brought as I laughed.

"You know I'm just playing with you" I assured as he chuckled. "What you doing?" He asked as I flipped the camera showing my dress in the mirror. "MM Damn girl....Go ahead and do what you got to do so you can see daddy" he said  as I immediately placed my phone into my chest and looked back at my mother as she just looked at me continuing to fix the end of my dress. "MMHM" she hummed loudly as Laila burst into laughter. I took the phone from my chest "I don't know what this man is talking about" I assured my mother. "You know exactly what's going on when you get here-" Michael started off but I cut him off before he could do anymore damage. "Michael shut the fuck up" I said then flipped the camera back on myself as my mother was in the background. "Ooo" he said covering his mouth then took the phone from his face.