56.

Y/N

I was in the room of my doctors office just lying there on the operating table on the phone watching texting Michael I was okay since he was checking up on me. The medical assistant just got done drawing my blood to run test along with a Covid test and a pregnancy test just because it was precaution due to me of course being sexually active. I was laying there feeling my mouth get watery and salty and immediately sat up. I got off the operating table and started throwing up into the trash.
I was throwing up as there was a knock on the door and I continued to throw up. "You need a minute?" The doctor questioned as I shook my head. "I'm fine" I assured as she handed me a couple of napkins to wipe my mouth.

"Well I have some news regarding your lab results" my doctor started off. "You don't have Covid, all of your lab work seems fine but your pregnancy test came back positive" she explained as I paused looking at her. "It came back positive?!" I questioned. "Yes so you are pregnant" she said with a big smile. "Woah. Wait" I started off "I took the IUD out like two months ago. It doesn't take time for everything to become fertile again?" I questioned. "No. With IUD's once you remove them you are immediately fertile and able to get pregnant" she explained as my mouth fell but it quickly turned to a smile. "Here goes the test as well" she said handing me the pregnancy test I took it and looked down seeing two bold lines.

"I'm going to have someone direct you downstairs to the sonography technician where she will give you your ultrasound" my doctor said as I nodded "congratulations again" she said with a smile as I smiled and thanked her. I had many things running through my mind like"what if this wasn't my pregnancy test.....What if it got switched with someone else's?" I thought to myself just sitting there before there was a knock on the door and a man penned his head in. "I'm ready whenever you are Mrs. Jordan' he assured with a big smile.
I got off the operating table following the guy as he directed me downstairs to a different lobby where I signed in and went to go sit down and wait for my name to be called.

"Mrs. Jordan" I heard a woman say as I looked up and she motioned me to go towards the back with her. She asked me how my day was going and what I was in this office for which was for an ultrasound. We walked into a room. "Get undressed from waist down and cover you lower half with this sheet and ill be back to start your ultrasound." She instructed. "Okay thank you" I thanked as she walked out and I did as told before getting on the operating table and placing the sheet over the lower half of my body. I was trying to figure out how I was going to tell Michael. I didn't want to do too much because he was already on edge with the whole brain tumor thing he made up in his head. I think I wanted to sit down and just talk to  him.

The radiologist came back in dimming the lights and we started getting the prices started which was her placing gel onto my stomach and rubbing it around with monitor. Instantly, we heard the baby's heart beat. "They are definitely here" the doctor said as I looked at the screen ahead of me while she stared at her computer rubbing around the monitor on my stomach. "Your baby has a real strong heartbeat" she complimented. "I know at first I thought maybe some accidentally gave me the positive pregnancy test but the baby is definitely in my stomach" I explained as we shared a small laugh. "Your baby is Two months" she informed taking pictures of the baby in the womb and getting close ups.

"So you've conceived either on Valentine's Day or around that time period" the radiologist brought up as It all started clicking. Literally I got pregnant that first night I had sex without my IUD. I just smiled at the screen as she was finally done. She cleaned my stomach off, handed me my ultrasound pictures and sent me on my way. Once I got into the car I scheduled an appointment for next month with my OB/GYN for the baby check up then finally drove back to the house.

I went inside the house looking around for Michael. I knew he was somewhere in here because he took the day off. I walked into the gym seeing him working out while Kendrick Lamar was blasting throughout the gym. I just watched him for a moment.