Holiday With the Starks (Robb Stark x reader) Modern AU

You sighed loudly when someone knocked on your door. In truth, you weren't having a good day. You were behind on your studies which meant you weren't going to be able to go home for Christmas like you'd planned. You knew there had been a chance of you not being able to go, but now it was real. It was a drawback of being a medical student.

You got up from your chair and stretched, groaning when your back popped. You got to the door as someone knocked again. You opened it to see your neighbor, Catelyn Stark on your doorstep. "Oh, hello, Mrs. Stark." She gave you a smile that reached her blue eyes. You really liked Catelyn and her husband. They always checked in on you to make sure you weren't over working yourself.

"Good evening, Y/N. I came to ask if you were planning on going home for Christmas?" It was less than a week away. Your frown told her what she needed to know. "I'm sorry you won't be able to see your family. However, Ned and I were wondering if you'd care to join our family for Christmas dinner? All our children are coming home and I'm sure they would love to meet you." You were about to decline , not wanting to intrude, when she continued, "No one should be alone on Christmas." You couldn't help but smile at her kindness and you agreed.

*short time skip*

You balanced a pie in your hand as you knocked on the Stark's door. The door opened and your jaw nearly dropped. You'd never met the three elder Stark children, but there was no doubt that this was one of them. He had a head full of auburn curls and the most beautiful blue eyes you'd ever seen in your life. "You must be Y/N. My mother told me you were coming." He grinned broadly at you before offering to take the pie.

"I'm Robb, by the way." You took your coat off and hung it up before following him into the family room. "Welcome, Y/N! Merry Christmas," Ned greeted, "I see you met Robb. Let me introduce you to Jon and Sansa." The man with dark hair and eyes gave you a nod and the younger woman smiled brightly. You suddenly felt a presence next to you and turned your head to see Robb there, his eyes riveted on you. He moved to sit on the sofa and patted the spot next to him.

You took a seat and everyone began chatting amongst themselves. "So, Dad tells me you're a med student?" Robb asked, ignoring the conversations around you. You nodded. "That takes a lot of discipline. I'm a business major myself. Dad wants me to work in the family business." You smiled. You could hear the love and pride in his voice. It was nice to be around such a close-knit family. "What do you want to do?" Robb shrugged. "I want to make them proud, but I also want to do my own thing. I thought about many different things. Maybe law or even teaching." You and Robb sat there talking to each other until dinner was ready.

Even throughout dinner, you and Robb kept returning to your conversation, much everyone else's amusement. You didn't even notice until Robb got up and took the dishes into the kitchen. Sansa cleared her throat, getting your attention. "I haven't seen Robb talk with one person so long ever. Not even his ex." You smiled as you felt your face heat up. "It's true. Robb has definitely taken an interest in you." The heat grew as Robb came back into the dining room and everyone fell silent.

"Why do I get the feeling I was the subject of your conversation?" he asked with a chuckle. You glanced down at the table, not wanting to meet his eyes. The rest of the table laughed lightly except Catelyn. "Stop embarrassing Y/N," she chided lovingly and smiled at you. "Why was Y/N embarrassed?" Sansa relayed the entire conversation and, as she continued, Robb's face turned red. This time, it was your turn to laugh until he turned his bright blue eyes on you and he glared playfully.

"Is this funny?" You nodded and followed the others in getting up from the table. "Will you join us for some games, Y/N?" Ned asked and Robb's expression perked up as he awaited your answer. You shrugged nonchalantly and agreed. You sat down with the Stark family and felt completely at ease. Never before had you felt that way in someone else's family and you liked it. By the time the games were finished, you felt like part of the family.

"I should go," you said sadly when the games were cleaned up. "Of course. Robb, why don't you walk Y/N home." You thanked them and grabbed your coat. Robb opened the door for you and followed you out. "You really don't need to walk me home. I'm right next door." Robb rolled his eyes. "Yeah but can't too many chances." You smiled, but didn't argue anymore.

Once outside your door, you turned to Robb to thank him and found him staring at you, his blue eyes piercing you. He rubbed the back of his neck and took a deep breath, as if he were nervous. "You okay, Robb?" He nodded. "I was just wondering if you'd like to go out with me? When you've caught up on your studies."

Your mouth dropped open for a brief second. That was not what you expected. Then, it registered in your mind that this gorgeous man was waiting for an answer."Yes." Robb grinned and leaned over to kiss your cheek. You bit your lip before turning to go inside. Robb was left standing there with a dopey smile on his face. "Merry Christmas to me," he whispered as he walked back to house. 9acf309f�u�Z��