CHAPTER 6 : STRIVING TO ENTER THE SECT

Within Qing Xu hall, the eight disciples were brought up to stand in front of the peak masters, each six meters apart from each other. Ji KeQing and the other 60 more qualified disciples all already had a new home. They stood to the side, watching and smiling faintly. The important figures of each peak along with Wen RenMu were also present.

Xi Fang spoke slowly: "You've worked hard to climb all this way. Your effort is commendable. It's unfortunate that there are many Qing Xu sword sect disciples, too many for the space that we have left. Therefore, we have a proposal. Only eight peaks still have room to receive a single new disciple."

As the eight individuals listened, they immediately relaxed. However they still didn't know which peak they would enter and still felt somewhat anxious.

Xi Fang looked around at the eight individuals, saying: "You eight are equally matched when it comes to aptitude and cultivation. At this time, Yu Rong peak, Ba Zhan peak, Huang Hua peak, Hong Xiu peak, Bei Yan peak, Nan Yan peak, Hui Shi peak, and Xi Zhu peak each have one spot. (1) According to custom, you will have an opportunity to compete in order to formally be accepted as an apprentice."

His paused and saw the eight disciples scatter, each to one of the eight pillars which had its own small blue flag inserted into the side bearing the name of one of the peaks. Xi Fang spoke: "Whichever flag you get is the peak that you'll be able to enter."

Naturally everyone wanted gifted disciples, however these eight mediocre talents weren't worth fighting over. These last few disciples barely had sufficient qualifications to be accepted into the sect and so they grabbed the opportunity to be formally become a disciple. These people were said to be no good and even a burden. Rather than to forcibly divide them up amongst each peak themselves. It was better to see what their own desires were. If they had acquaintances on any of the peaks, it would be better to leave them to their guidance.

At this time, a man in white clothes and another in black entered Qing Xu hall. Not wanting to disturb Xi Fang, they politely stood to the side. Standing by them, a disciple mocked them in a low voice: "Senior brother Liu, Senior brother Jun, why are you here? Your shifu hasn't arrived yet."

These two men were Liu QianMo and Jun YanZhi. Liu QianMo looked at the backs of the eight new disciples, his vision lingering momentarily on Wen Jing: "Sect Master Xi asked me to come over, saying that Hui Shi peak would be taking in a new disciple today."

"One of these eight people."

The disciple laughed, "Regardless of what your shifu prefers? Why the sudden request to accept a disciple?"

Liu QianMo didn't respond.

Currently, Hui Shi peak only had nine disciples. However, in three years time, each peak would be required to send ten disciples for assessment. As the lead disciple of Hui Shi peak he was deeply concerned. After some thought, he felt there was no other way than to stealthily request from Sect Master Xi that the next time the sect opened its gates, that they would recruit some disciples for Hui Shi peak. Since they would be placed, it was likely that the aptitude of these disciples would be poor......

Ah, could it be he still needed to pick one out?

The disciple whispered with a smile: "Once you pick one out, I'm afraid that they'll burst into tears."

Liu QianMo became angry after hearing that, but there was nothing he could say in return, and so with a cold face he was forced to tolerate it. He was here today to recruit a disciple, not to allow himself to get angry and start arguing. The back of that youngster really resembled Lu Jing from Qing Quan village.....

Jun YanZhi was indifferently looking at Lu Jing while thinking, when by chance he saw him turn his head. Their eyes met. With a blank look, the youngster foolishly stared back.