CHAPTER 9 : SECOND SENIOR BROTHER HE LING

Sober and calm, the gaze of the man in black clothes swept over him and immediately moved away, but then landed on the tortoise lying on the ground nearby. He lowered his eyes and said: "My tortoise disappeared for four days. I heard he was staying with you."

Wen Jing slowly stood sideways. He covered his ice-cold privates, feeling somewhat distressed: "Yes, he's been living here."

The clothes at his feet were soiled with sweat and mud. They were unfit to be worn.

Clean clothes.......

Hanging behind Jun YanZhi on a bamboo pole, they fluttered in the wind.

Jun YanZhi looked at the large tortoise: "Has he caused any trouble?"

Embarrassed, Wen Jing gave a hollow laugh: "He's very sensible and hasn't done anything to cause trouble... ... senior brother Jun, on the bamboo pole behind you, there's a set of clean clothes. Could you... ..."

Before he finished speaking, a light grey set of pants and jacket flew over to him. Wen Jing promptly gave his body a cursory wipe, put on his pants, and fastened them tight, his heart relaxing.

Jun YanZhi's gaze settled on Wen Jing's body. He smiled faintly and his lips moved as if he would speak but ultimately said nothing. He leisurely squatted down and picked up the large tortoise: "... Many thanks for your care, I'll be taking him back."

He had a gentle face simple and elegant as a cloud. Behind his slender figure, mist curled into the air. It was like he was a ninth level immortal....

Wen Jing hurriedly corrected his expression, saying: "Farewell senior brother Jun."

The man in black clothes holding the large tortoise flew into the sky. Turning around he glanced back and slightly raised an eyebrow: "Until we meet again."

The large tortoise still looked vaguely distracted, but briefly moved his four small legs as he looked at Wen Jing.

The youngster followed the man's figure with his eyes into the distance. Gradually the setting sun vanished within the clouds and in the end the sky grew dark.

It was half a month later, late autumn. The ground gradually became hard. Wen Jing, Mo ShaoYan, and Gu JinPing, very busy almost every day harvesting produce from the garden for storage, held a small meeting.

Liu QianMo was also present holding a cup of tea as he listened to their discussion.

Gu JinPing, the oldest, cleared his throat to speak: "We've harvested wax gourds, kidney beans, sweet potato leaves, string beans, yams, chinese cabbage, and haricot. There aren't many kinds of fruit, only pears, hawthorn fruit, and peaches. The three storerooms are full. If we are economical, we should be fine for the winter."

"The spirit grass?"

Gu JinPing said: "The only kinds we planted was the spirit grass used to refine Yellow Dragon pill and Gold Marrow pill. Both have already been harvested, a total of 148 plants. I'm afraid the rest will be left to spend the winter in the garden."

Liu QianMo nodded his head: "Spirit grass takes three to five years to mature, you'll have to keep careful watch over it."

Gu JinPing said: "For the next thing, do you want us to take turns taking care of the seedlings in the vegetable garden?"

Liu QianMo was about to answer when Mo ShaoYan very slowly said: "Eldest senior brother, don't listen to him, he's just feeling lazy."

Gu JinPing angrily said: "How am I lazy? We don't have much work to do. Eldest senior brother do you see that? You see how he talks to me?"