43

Chapter 43 Do you really know how to make medicine?

In the lab, there were more than a dozen fellows in white lab clothes, each holding a variety of

pharmaceutical equipment and being busy with their own work. They seemed to be in a hurry. It seemed that everyone’s eyebrows were covered with a lot of depression.

With a painful look on his face, a research fellow who was holding the extract liquid poured the yellow or not liquid into the abandoned pool. “Why did I fail again? When did it come to an end?”

Another man echoed, “We’ve been working overtime for a month, but our research was wrong. We’ve been following the steps of Doctor Brown. Why do we always fail? Is Doctor Brown’s plan okay?”

“If we can’t develop this medicine, we will be scolded all the time. After Mr. Johnson comes back, if we can’t develop it, we will probably be fired!” One of the research fellows said.

“Keep your voice down. Be careful not to be heard by Doctor Brown when he comes. You will be in trouble.” The person next to him reminded him.

As soon as he finished speaking, the door of the lab was opened and Natalie Spears came in. Hearing the sound, the fellows raised their eyes and saw a woman in lab clothes with a mask on her face. They could only see her beautiful eyes. Although she wore a mask, she looked very beautiful at a glance.

They just took a look at her and took a deep breath and then they lowered their heads and continued to develop the medicine.

There were always people who came to the lab to send all kinds of medicine and research materials. They thought that this person was also here to send materials. They were not surprised at all. The top priority now was to develop the medicine, or they would lose their jobs.

Natalie Spears took a look at this lab. The lab was the same as it was three years ago. It was even the same.

as the one she had stayed in the university.

It was just because it looked like the laboratory in the university. She had never come to the lab of the Glory Group since the accident happened to Henry Graham. Instead, she had built a small laboratory at home.

She couldn’t stay with Henry Graham in the lab all day long and didn’t even have time to eat. Henry Graham

always accompanied her, and even taught himself how to make medicine during company.

He said that he just wanted to get involved in her world. He wanted to feel the joy and pain of her medicine

making process, and wanted to feel all kinds of wonderful things with her.

But he didn’t know that all the romance and beauty, joy and pain in her world were born for him. He just needed to stand there…

She seemed to see the broken falling sun again…

“Just put the materials on the table over there.” One of the fellows said when he saw Natalie Spears.

Natalie Spears came to her senses and answered, “Okay.”

It was not until she walked over that she realized what had happened. She raised her eyes and saw that the research fellow lowered his head again to do his own thing. Natalie Spears returned to her usual calm and

then browsed through the data results on the test table.

The medicine that the Glory Group was developing was about lung cancer. The rate of cancer attack and death had always been the highest 75% to 80% of them were non-small cell lung cancer. It was very difficult to develop a medicine that could perfectly apply to medium and late stage non-small cell lung cancer.

As Natalie Spears swept over them one by one, many of the plates on the table were half open. The bacteria in some plates were lush, while some were only little. Piles of abandoned semi-finished products were piled beside the laboratory. One could tell how many times they had failed before from the abandoned semi-finished products.

Natalie Spears took out a failed semi-finished product and observed it under a special microscope. Then she took the densely packed data sheets on the table.

She carefully looked at the data sheet and the semi-finished product… She knew why they failed!

The Glory Group’s proposal was still the same as before, and the whole plan was based on the western concept of pharmacy. The main body of the proposal was made of two kinds of ingredients, gemcitabine and cisplatin. She found the problem when she saw the proportion of the two.

“It failed again!” The research fellow next to him cursed, and then poured the newly developed drug into the

abandoned pool.

“Let me do it,” said Natalie Spears, looking at the painful and irritable research fellow in front of her.

Hearing the voice, the research raised his eyes and glanced at her. “You? What are you doing here? Don’t you think I’m not annoying enough? Don’t cause any trouble. Go out as soon as possible after the delivery. Don’t

waste time here.”

Hearing the noise, all the other fellows raised their heads and said, “Yes. Go out quickly. Don’t make trouble

for us.”

Natalie Spears were calm. “I’m not kidding.”

They burst into laughter, “Do you know what it is? Have you ever been to university?”

They had worked in the Glory Group for so many years, but they had never seen such a crazy person. There was no problem with being arrogant. The problem was that if a person who overestimated himself or herself was so arrogant, they would feel this person extremely ridiculous.

Natalie Spears raised her eyebrows. She didn’t want to say anything more. She stepped forward and wanted to pick up the bottle. An elder man next to her reminded her, “Little girl, we’re not joking. The development of this medicine is related to our job. No one can bear it if anything goes wrong. Don’t cause any trouble here.”

Before she could get the bottle, the bottle was grabbed by someone.

Nick Smith held the bottle and sneered, “That’s right. It’s very dangerous to operate these lab equipment and medicines. If anything happens, you will be scared to cry. Sometimes, it will explode, and if it’s serious, it will directly blow up your face!”

“You can do whatever you want as long as you have the ability. Don’t try to make fun of us just because we

have high salary. Think about your education background first. Do you have any knowledge reserve?”

Hearing this, a faint smile appeared on the corner of Natalie’s mouth. “Really?”

It was normal that they didn’t trust her. After all, they had never seen her before, and she didn’t confess the identity of the chief expert. Although some people were not friendly, there were also people who reminded her of the danger. These reactions were normal.

Glancing at Nick Smith, who was holding a bottle of reagent in his hand, Natalie Spears said, “You have the C2N14 in your hand, and you are standing in front of such a dazzling sun. The consequences are obvious. It

will blow up your face.”

Hearing this, Nick Smith’s heart skipped a beat. He turned his head to watch the bottle in his hand. It was really C2N14! He just grabbed the bottle and didn’t see anything in it.

“Who is so careless to put the C2N14 in this place?” He immediately put it back.

“Do you really know how to make medicine?”