189

Chapter 189 Julian’s mixed feelings

While Niki’s mind was in a turmoil, Natalie left the hospital and met Ryan at the entrance.

He was wearing straight jeans, black sneakers, gray sweater and a loose camel-colored coat, making him look amiable and sunny.

He stood at the entrance of the hospital waiting for Natalie. The moment he saw her, he reached

out his arm and waved to her.

Natalie walked towards him, surprise registered on her face, “what are you doing here?”

As Natalie got closer, Ryan beamed, “Julian’s assistant drove you to the hospital, right? I’m afraid it might be a little difficult for you to get a taxi to come back. So I’m here to pick you up.”

Natalie looked up at Ryan, then she realized that his ears and cheeks were red from the cold. He

must had been standing there for a long time.

Natalie was touched. “It’s so cold outside, why don’t you wait for me in the car?”

Her voice was full of reproach.

But Ryan wasn’t mad at all as he could sense Natalie’s concern for him. He smiled brightly, “I’m

afraid I won’t be able to see you in the car.”

Natalie put on a serious face, “you’re still laughing?”

“Don’t wait for me like this afterward.”

After saying this, she seemed to suddenly remember something, her tone slightly softened, “next

time you could send me a message or call me.”

Upon hearing this, Ryan’s eyelashes trembled slightly.

He knew that something urgent must have happened since Natalie was in such a hurry to go to the

hospital.

Moreover, based on his understanding of her, if she met a seriously ill patient, no matter what the

odds of healing were, she would definitely choose to rescue him.

Even if she might be implicated by this, she would lend a hand.

Although he had never heard anyone say anything about Natalie, but after spending so much time together in the laboratory, his had an inkling that she must be a kind-hearted person.

Ryan didn’t reply to Natalie’s question but asked her with a smile, “did you just perform a surgery?”

Chisator 100

Natalie tilted her head, raising her eyebrows In confusion, “how did you

know?”

After hearing the affirmative answer, Ryan jutted his chin out, saying, “sky is the limit.”

Sure enough, he didn’t guess wrong.

Natalie remained the same, she didn’t change at all after three years.

Ryan’s smile confused Natalie. She patted him on the back, “why are you laughing? Did you hear what I just said?”

“Next time you wait for me, inform me in advance, okay?”

Natalie said word by word.

Ryan had known that she must undergo a surgery on Mr. Graham. A surgery would take doctors several hours from start to finish without time to take a rest, so she must be very busy.