138

Chapter 138 She was my wife

Natalie tilted her gaze towards him, the smile that used to be on her lips now completely worn out, replaced by an indifferent look in her eyes.

Julian felt a sudden prick from the gaze of Natalie.

Why was her expression so cold now…?

In the past, Natalie always looked at him with a smile… even when she didn’t smile, she was mostly gentle and considerate.

Lily once told him that Madam is a well-known beauty in the wealthy circles of Los Angeles, like a fairy in the sky. And her temperament is good too, never harsh on anyone, never blaming the servants. Many other families envy the servants of the Graham family.

But this cold gaze now… made Julian feel uneasy.

An unfamiliar emotion surged in his mind… he couldn’t describe whether it was discomfort or regret… Julian couldn’t quite pinpoint the feeling.

But there was one thing he knew for sure.

He disliked this kind of emotional turmoil.

And he hated being swayed by his emotions.

“Do you have anything else to say?” Natalie looked at him coldly, her tone flat.

For some reason, Julian suddenly remembered the moments he had spent with Natalie before.

Flashes of memories rushed through his mind-one by one. She would give him a blanket; wake up early to make him breakfast; whenever he came home, the dishes on the table were always his favorites. Whenever they attended various banquets, Natalie always stood elegantly and appropriately to his left. That’s why everyone in the upper-class society spoke highly of her….

Although she did all this for him, he never reciprocated her feelings. He even treated her with coldness and indifference…

As Julian reached this point in his thoughts, his thin lips tightened, forming a slight curve. But before he could speak, a voice interrupted.

“President Graham, do you still have something to attend to?”

Jerry saw Julian holding onto Natalie and quickly approached furrowed brows, wanting to pull Natalie away from Julian. “If there’s nothing, we’ll leave. We won’t intrude any longer.”

Julian snapped back to reality.

He stared at Jerry, still not letting go. After a moment, he spoke, “What’s the matter to you if I’m talking to my wife?”

His words carried a chilling coldness.

Jerry raised an eyebrow, unwilling to back down. “Now you remember that Miss Spears is your wife? Why didn’t you think of that when you falsely accused her just now?”

Jerry grabbed Natalie’s other hand. “Let’s go.”

Natalie was forcibly pulled forward by Jerry, but Julian didn’t let go at all.

She stumbled half a step due to the inertia.

“Julian, if you have something to say, say it directly. What’s the point of pulling and pushing here?” Natalie’s

impatience had reached its peak at this moment.

Jerry sensed Natalie’s stumble and quickly let go, saying. “Miss Spears, I’m sorry.”

Natalie nodded slightly, shook her head gently, and said, “It’s fine.”

She looked at Julian and asked, “Can’t you see? Jerry has already let go. What are you doing?”