95

Chapter 95 Being Rejected on the Spot

Niki felt Julian’s hand on her shoulder move away, then she blinked and looked at him.

She couldn’t understand the emotions in Julian’s eyes.

But she was eager to prove herself and didn’t care what Julian was thinking at this moment, or why his gaze

had become so cold.

Niki stood up, took the phone placed next to Julian, wanted to connect with Philip by WhatsApp.

But her hand suddenly stopped at the moment of opening, and she remembered what Natalie had just said.

‘Do you really think Philip will give you authorization?’ Natalie’s words appeared in her mind, and she

hesitated a bit.

Niki hesitated and looked up at the people at the dining table.

Grandpa Graham’s expression was clearly incredulous, and Linda’s expression was the same. But Natalie

looked very calm, even cold.

Niki didn’t know if she was mistaken or something, but upon closer inspection of Natalie’s expression, there

was even a hint of inexplicable irony?

What expression is that on her face? Shouldn’t she be in a panic? She was no longer Mrs. Graham at once.

Won’t she feel embarrassed?

Was she covering up her fear with a sarcastic expression?

Niki couldn’t help but sneer. She made up her mind and pressed the voice button, and connected with Philip.

Everyone’s gaze was fixed on her.

Julian’s eyes were even more gloomy, with an emotion that she couldn’t understand. Being stared at like this,

Niki was a little uncomfortable. However, after she thinking for a moment, she still chose to press the

hands-free button directly.

She needs to prove herself, that is, to make everyone who doesn’t like her hear it clearly.

The sound on the phone suddenly became much louder, and the entire table could hear it clearly.

Natalie raised her eyebrows.

Nikl’s move undoubtedly pushed her to the brink of despair. With such a risky hands-free approach, did she have such confidence?

She’s still a bit reckless.

The sound continued Incessantly, and everyone at the table had different moods and expressions on their faces.

But without a doubt, they are all holding their breath and waiting for Philip to connect.

The voice sound lasted for about a minute before being connected.

“Hello?” Philip’s voice sounded.

Niki took a deep breath and said, “Ph…” Before she could finish it, she saw Julian’s gloomy face.

What’s going on?

Niki suddenly realized why Julian was angry just now, and she chuckled in her heart. But she still didn’t change her words, “Philip, I’m Niki.”

It is also a good choice to give Julian a sense of crisis appropriately.

“What’s up? “Philip stood by the window, looking at the moon outside, his face furrowed tightly.