Chapter 40

He left and I was looking his back with foul mood. I heard Mr Rakesh concern voice behind me, "Kavya?"

I turned towards him and he continued, "Are you alright? What happened between you? You looked pale."

I took a deep breath to calm down myself and said with nodding, "Its nothing." I was feeling more guilty to hide everything from him but I didn't know how to explain everything to him.

He didn't ask further but said in low voice, "Kavya, it's lunch time that's why there are almost every employee into canteen. Now, everyone was doing gossip about you and Mr Karan."

When I didn't response, he continued, "yesterday, everyone stopped to gossip about you and Mr Shlok. But now.... Kavya, I know you don't care about any rumours but it's not good about your reputation."

I knew Mr Rakesh was concerned about me that's why he was saying with good intentions. But my main problem was not it now. I sighed, "thank you Mr Rakesh. But I seriously not care about it."

Before I said something more, I noticed Nimish that's why I called him, "Mr Nimish"

He looked towards us and gave me a awkward smile. I knew why he was behaving it but I ignored. He stopped in front of us and said, "Yes, Miss Kavya."

I asked with light smile, "Actually, I have to ask you something." When he nodded, I continued, "When is he going back?"

Nimish and Mr Rakesh gave me shocked expression that's why I explained, "I mean this company is small. He has other big companies under him. Now our company is stable that's why it's not necessary to stay him here more. You are his manager that's why you know about it." Actually, I wanted to mentally prepare for it that's why I ask.

He didn't say anything for few moments. He chuckled lightly and said, "Miss Kavya, it's my first time when a personal secretary wants to chase away her boss on her first day."

I was speechless. He really couldn't understand my problem. How to tell him. He added, "By the way, boss didn't say anything about it that's why I don't know about it. Aren't you afraid that boss will ask you follow him in other city because of your job profile?"

I replied without thinking twice, "He won't say it. Because he knows I won't go back into that city." When I thought, I said more that's why I added, "I mean I live here. And my son's school is also here. It will affect to his studies if he drops school in middle."

Nimish looked at me with suspicious but he didn't ask anything. He said, "Miss Kavya, if there is no anything, I will go."

I nodded and thanked him and he left.
I looked at Mr Rakesh who was looking at me. I knew he wanted to ask but he was hestitated. That's why I told him, "Mr Rakesh, I am sorry that I can't tell you everything now. But I will tell everything later."

He nodded with understanding. He patted my shoulder and said, "Ok, Kavya, take your time. If you are not comfortable to share anything, you will not need to say. I understand you."

I gave him a smile, "Thank you Mr Rakesh. Actually, I am worried now other matters."

He nodded and we exchanged few words after he left. I tried to think what to do. Who can help me in this matter? Suddenly, I recalled about mom. How can I forget important person? I rushed to my cabin. I carefully shut the door and after sitting on chair, I called to mom. With every ring, I was thinking how to tell her. Finally she picked up phone in three rings. I heard her affection voice, "hello, Kavya, how are you? You are in office now. Is everything ok there?" Actually, I didn't call in office hours to her. If there was urgent matter,  then I call. She knew very well. That's why she was asking.