Chapter 22

When I entered into police station, I looked shlok and kavya. They were seating on bench. Shlok was looking tensed. I went to near them. As he looked at me, he stood up and tried to speak, "bro..." I didn't listen him but I looked at kavya. She was looking fine. I asked to him, "is she drunk?" He nodded and I greeted my teeth, "I will deal with two of you later. First, Let me handle the situation here." I was in bad mood. He knew very well that's why he only nodded.
I went to police inspector. It's good that I already knew him because of business. He told me, "sir, it's drink and drive case."
"Yeah, I know. Finish your all formalities. But they can't stay here any more. They are my family." I told him polietly.
"Okay. Let me see what I can do." He told me.
I nodded.

After one hour, three of us came out from police station. She couldn't stand on her feet that's why I gave her support. It seemed she drank a lot. Last time, I saw her when she was drank. It's not strange for me. But why did she drink a lot?
I let her sit on the back seat and shlok sat on passenger seat while I was on driving seat.
I started to driving. Shlok opened his mouth, "sorry bro, I didn't know she drank a lot. It's all my fault."
I asked with anger, "how?"
He looked at me and replied, "I should have stopped her to drink."
"So you knew it's your fault. Why did you let her drink so much?"
"She was not in good mood. I tried to stop her but she said she can handle it." He said with low voice. I looked at her through mirror. She was sleeping silently.
I don't know I was angry on her or him.
After few minutes, I asked slowly, "why was she in bad mood?"
He replied, "you know it better than me. Why don't you give her divorce? Both of us know that only grand ma is not reason. When she wants, why can't you give her?"
I kept silent. He was right but I couldn't tell him reason.

We reached at home and I told to him, "don't tell mom and grandma about today." He nodded. As he tried to help me to carry her, I stopped him, "you go to your room. I will handle her."
He looked at her then me, "good night." I nodded and he left. I carried her into our room.
I let her lay on the bed and put the blanket on her. I looked at her laid on my side. I switched off the light and slept.

Kavya's pov

I woke up but my head was pounding. I recalled last night. I drank a lot. Shlok tried to stop me but I didn't listen him. Even after drink, I force him to let me drive. I am really crazy. I sat up and looked my surroundings. I was in my room. Who took me here last night? Ofcourse it would be shlok.  My head was really hurt.
I heard a voice, "so finally, you woke up."
I sighed. I was not in the mood to talk him that's why I nodded. He came close to me and gave me lime juice. I took from his hand, thanked him and drank.
After few minutes, I was feeling relieved.
He asked, "how are you feeling now?"
"It's better." I replied.
"Hmm.... Do you know what happened yesterday?" He asked with raising his eyebrows.
I looked at him and asked with same expression, "what happened?"
"It seemed you don't remember anything. Why did you drink so much?" He asked with stubborn.
I sighed, "I am not in mood to talk with you right now."
He looked at me for few seconds and opened his mouth, "it means you don't want to talk that I am ready to give you divorce."
I looked at him with wondering, "what?.... I mean how?... I mean last night you was not ready but..."
He sighed, "but now I am ready. But keep patience and give me some time to arrange anything. And remember don't do any stupidity like last night." I nodded but I asked after few seconds, "what did I do last night?"
He opened his mouth, "Ask to shlok." and left.
I should have been excited but I was not. Why? I think it because of last night hangover. From now, I will not drink so much. I promised to myself.

After breakfast, I went to shlok room. He was sitting on the couch and doing something in laptop. I told him, "I need to tell you something."
He looked at me and asked, "yeah I am listening."
I sat in front of him and waited him to finish what he was doing. After few minutes, he looked at him and asked, "you don't want to say anything."
"I am waiting you to finish."
He shut down the laptop and looked at me, "yeah"
"First I want to ask you what I did stupidity last night?"
"You don't remember anything."
I remember that I drank a lot. You tried to stop me but I didn't listen. And I force you to let me drive. That's it." I told him what I remembered.
"After that you don't remember." I shook my head with no. He sighed, "okay, police arrested us in drink and drive case. Do you know how much I was afraid? I was tensed but you was into yourself. I had to call Karan. He took us at home. He was not in good mood." Shlok was anger.
"I am sorry. I created problem for you." I told him sincerely.
"It's ok. Next time, remember it. It would be dangerous for you also." He tried to understand me.
I nodded with smile. Ohh I understood now what stupidity he was talking.
Shlok asked, "you want to tell me something."
I looked at him and sighed, "yeah, he is ready to give me divorce."
"What?" Shlok asked with shocked.
"Yeah, he denied last night but what happened suddenly. I am wondering." I said slowly.
He smiled, "it seemed my suspicious was correct."
I asked with confusion, "what are you saying?"
"Nothing. I told you yesterday. don't worry. I will find out a way." He said with proudly.
"It means you talked to him." I asked.
He nodded and I continued, "what did you two talked? And why is he ready suddenly?"
"It's not your concern. You should be happy." He told me.
"I am happy but I want to know the reason." I asked him.
"If I tell you, you will not believe on me." He gave me challenge.
"Then try to tell me." I told him.
He sighed, "I am not sure but I think he likes you."
I looked at him for few minutes then started to laugh, "what did you say? You have no other than me to make foolish."
But he was serious. That's why I stopped to laugh, "do you hear your own words?"
He opened his mouth, "that's why I was not telling you because you won't believe me. I said I am not sure. But I have a plan to know the truth. If you are with me...."
"Forget it... I am not interested in your stupidity. I know very well it is not truth. It's only your assumption." I told him sincerely.
"Why? Are you scared that I am right?" He asked him with raising his eyebrows.
"I am not... When I know th truth." I told him finally.
"Okay, then excute the plan with me and know the truth that you are right or me." He gave me challenge.
"But what will happen, if he knows about it?" I asked him with hesitation. I didn't want to be embrassed in front of him.
"Don't worry. He will never know." He said with evil smile.
"And remember it. I am agreed because I want to prove that I am right." I warned him.
"Fine.... Fine.... But if I am right, you will not take divorce. Promise me." He said with sincere.
"Let's see." I told him.
I don't know why I agreed with him.