Chapter 28

The following morning, I awake but I didn't open my eyes. I recalled what happened last night. I tried to move but I felt someone held me. I felt my head on someone's arm and someone's hand on my waist. I felt comfortable but I want to know who is it. That's why I opened my eyes. I looked at masculine chest. I couldn't see the face. I closed my eyes and smelled the scent. It's Karan. Because nobody entered into my room except family member.

I heard his voice, "Kavya, wake up?"
I moved slightly to look at his face but my head was on his arm.  I looked into his eyes. He was looking me with concern. I asked myself, 'why is he concerned for me?'
We are looking each other. After few minutes, he put his hand on my forehead which was on my waist and murmured, "you have no fever." He asked me with concern, "Are you alright? Because you were shaking just now."

I didn't say anything but I nodded. I sat up because my emotions changed suddenly. Just few moments ago, I was feared but now, I was confused.
I looked at wall clock. It's almost 10 am. Why did I sleep so late? Then I remembered I took medicine last night. It's side effect. Then I felt headache. I groaned lightly and tried to put my head on bedhead with closing my eyes. But my back touched his chest. He held me in his arms and asked in slow voice as he was coaxing me, "what happened?"

I murmured while taking the comforbale position into his arm, "I have headache."

He massaged head with his palm lightly and asked in soft voice, "are you feeling relaxed?"

I only nodded because I didn't feel that feeling since childhood. In childhood, mom coaxed me when I got sick. I knew I should not get emotional but I was touch with his behaviour.

I wanted to feel that feeling again and again. First time, I was greedy and selfish. I wanted time stopped and I would in his arms ever. I closed my eyes and felt his warm hand on my forehead.

He whispered into my ear, "get ready. We will go to hospital for your checkup."

I shook my head with holding him tightly and told, "I don't want to go hospital. I want to rest."

He chuckled lightly, "ok... But get fresh up. You didn't eat anything. I will take something for you."

I didn't leave him while stayed like that. Then I remembered something. I looked at him and asked with wondering, "it's late. You didn't go office till yet?"

He tugged my hairs behind my ear and told, "there is nothing important. I will go later. You go and fresh up." And he left.

I sat there for some moments for considering what happened just now. I couldn't reach any conclusions that's why I shook my head, get out from bed and went to bathroom for taking shower.

When I came out from bathroom, he was there the breakfast. The smell of food touched my nostrils. I felt hungry. I looked at him. He was seated on couch with two plates on table.  He also took shower another bathroom. He looked at me and waved his hand with smile, "come here otherwise it will be cold."

I nodded and came to table. I sat beside him and we are silently. As I was sipping tea, I was feeling relieved.

After finishing breakfast, he asked again, "Are you sure you didn't want to go hospital?"

I smiled lightly, "No, I am feeling fine now."

He nodded, "ok... Take rest now. I am going office. If you need anything, call me or tell mom and Shlok."

I nodded. He left for office and laid on bed. There was his light scent on the pillow and blanket. I hugged the pillow and covered myself with blanket. I was not scared while I was relieved and happy. I didn't know that time what I was feeling. But when I understood it was already late.