Chapter 35

It's already sunrise time that's why I didn't sleep. I get up from bed and goto bathroom. I look myself in mirror and told myself, 'It's already more than 6 years. I lived those years on my own. I already left my past. Because of him, why am I feeling pressure? I am happy now that's all I wanted. Now I have. So don't overthink. And pretend him like strangers.'

It's true he is like a stranger for me. I felt I never understand him and now I don't want to understand him. My only mission is now he will never meet Aahan. I don't know how he will react. I sighed deeply. I wash my face and clear my thoughts.

After taking bath, I prepare the breakfast for Aahan and myself. I pack our lunch boxes.

As routine, I go to bedroom and sat beside Aahan. He is sleeping soundly. A smile comes on my lips without efforts. I caress his hairs and kiss softly on his forehead, "Aahan beta get up. You will be late."

He pout in his half sleeps, "Mommy, I want to sleep more."

I chuckle, "but son, you will be late. Ok, get up now. I will take you park this weekend."

He opens his eyes with excitement. I think my tricks works but his next words pour the water on me, "But shlok uncle said he will take me children traffic park when he will come. I get bored to going park mommy. I need some change."

Huhh.. that Shlok is spoiling my child. I will settle my bills with him later. I look at my son. I want to get anger but looking at his innocent face, I chuckle and pinch his cheek lightly, "do you know your uncle is spoiling you? Don't listen to him any more."

He smiles when he notices I am not angry. He giggles, "But he said I am young and it's not bad to be spoil. Even grandma said it." Now a days, children know when to speak and what to speak.

I shook head in amusement. Mom always said that grandma spoil karan and shlok but what she is doing with her grandson?

I change the topic, "now let's get ready otherwise we will be get late."

He nods his head and after getting ready and talking breakfast, I leave him at his school. I talk to his teacher, "mam, actually, there is problem. If I leave him one or two hours more, can you manage it?"

Aahan is staying this school day care since two years. He and his teachers are familiar with him. His teacher says, "mam, sometimes, we can manage but you know we have to come next day that's why it's hard to manage."

I nod and smile, "ok, I can understand."

I reach at office. In the way, I was thinking what to do. I look at building entrance and sighed. I am working there since more than three years. In starting, few days I felt nervous but I got use to come here.  suddenly, today I feel nervous to enter it. I chant into my mind, 'Kavya, pretend him stranger.'

Suddenly, something click on my mind, 'he is busy person. It's a small company and he has many big companies. It's sure after some inspection, he will go back soon.' it gives my heart some relief.

I enter the office and go to my desk. After putting my bag on my desk. I go to washroom. Again, I hear the gossip, "I checked on internet last night, our new boss is divorcee.  He is single now. I am so excited."

I spot on my place, 'didnt he get married? What happened? But He was going to marry her.' Usually, I am not interested to gossip but I don't know why today I stand there to listen them.

Other colleague jumps slightly with excitement, "Wow, it's mean we have chance. He looks rude but he is handsome."

The third colleague asks with curiosity, "how did it happen? I mean he is handsome and rich. Who was that stupid girl who left him? If I have a chance to be with him, I will never leave him even he begs with me to leave him."

I shook my head with disappointment. What happened to now a days girls? There are a lot of guys outside. Why they are gossips about him? I don't know whose face they saw when they woke up in morning today.

First colleague replies in disdain tone "yeah, she was stupid. I searched last
night a lot about him. He got married that girl because of his grandmother. It was arranged marriage. He loved his grandmother that's why he had to do. The news says that girl was good for nothing. After his grandmother death, they got divorce because he had girlfriend who was smart and had good career. I mean every guys like smart girls." I feel pain into my heart but I want to hear more.

Third colleague says with pitiful, "oh, I am sad to hear it. Wait a minute, he has girlfriend. Why didn't they get married after his divorce?"

The first colleague shrugs her shoulders, "I don't know. There was no news after it."

They look like their heart got broken. I try to be normal and take step towards booth. They notice me and first, they are stunned to look me then they act like nothing happened. I also want to avoid them but today my luck was not with me.

One looks at me and gives me smiles. I can say she is thinking something into her mind by her looks. She opens her mouth, "kavya"

I want to avoid her but it's rude and I am already not in good mood that's why I ask, "humm?"

She asks, "you are close to Mr Shlok that's why you would also know the matter of Mr Karan. Do you know... ?"

Before she says something more, I decline immediately, "I don't know nothing about him." I hurriedly take steps and enter into one booth.

I lock the booth and put my hand on my chest. 'Why kavya why? Why are you affected by that person?'

After taking few deep breath, I calm down myself.

I hear a voice of one of them, "what happened to her suddenly? Why is she reacting like strangely?"

Other says in mockery tone, "Isn't she always like it?"

I didn't mind about them. I finish my work and go to my desk.

I was working without worry. After getting involve into work, I forget everything else. Now, there was nothing into my mind except work.

The peon comes to me and says, "Mam, big boss are calling me." I look at him with confusion. He calls Mr Rakesh to sir, shlok to boss..... It means big boss is karan.

I open my mouth for clarification, "you mean ka... Mr Karan." Thank god, I recalled in last minute that's why I didn't call him by his name.

He nods and left. I was panic, 'why is he calling me? Should I go or should I ignore him? No,he is owner of company. I can't ignore him.'

I mentally prepare myself and stand up.

After reaching at his cabin, I raise my hand to knock the door but I stop in middle. I am in dilemma what to do. Its fact. I can't avoid him until he is here. I again mentally prepare myself. I knock at door and wait for response.

I hear his calm voice, "come in". Why did I feel his voice tone is change today than yesterday? I shake my head and enter into his cabin.

As I enter into his cabin, he raises his head and looks towards me. Our eyes meet and I stand on my spot. I was thinking, 'should I enter or not?'

Before I take decision, I hear his energetic voice, "why do you stand there and not come in? Are you planning to run away again?"

I frown to hear it, 'when did I run away?' I enter into cabin with making my face.

I glare him when I notice he was smirking. Suddenly he changes his expression and called in low tone, "Kavya?" My heart starts to beat fastly to hear my name from his mouth and his tone.....

I look away from him and try to control my heart beat, 'kavya control youself... Kavya... Kavya now you are mother.' suddenly, I calm down after reminding this sentence into my mind. After calming down myself, I look at him who was looking at me with undescriable emotions.