chapter 42

He didn't say anything and I put my head on back of sofa and closed my eyes. I was not physically tired but I was mentally tired.

I heard Shlok's voice, "Are you sure you are fine? I think you should call your doctor."

I shook my head and told him with opening my eyes, "No, I am actually fine. There is no need to call him. After many years, I hadn't it that's why I am exhausted.... nothing else."

He nodded then said for changing the topic, "By the way, aunt is worried for you. She wants to meet you and Aahan."

A light smile came on my lips when I heard about her, "I also miss her and I want to meet her. Ofcourse, Aahan will be more happy to hear it. But I don't think it's right time to her now." I said last part with fear.

He nodded and said, "Aunt also said it. That's why she didn't come with me."

I asked him about Nakya and Vihan. And he asked me about Aahan. Now, we were enjoying our chating what we missed last few days. 

Then we noticed the door and Karan came inside and Nimish were following him.
Karan looked at me and asked with concern voice, "How are you feeling?"

I was confused because of his concerning tone. wasn't he always like it? Caring and concerning about my health. But there was different in past. We were married but now we are only employer and employee. Then something clicked in my mind. It means he is like it for everyone. I was really stupid in past.

I replied with nodding my head, "fine"

Then he sat in front of me and beside Shlok while Nimish was standing beside him. Karan asked with indifferent, "Who allowed to donate blood?"

I looked at him and tried to find out why he was asking it. But when I didn't figure out anything then I replied honestly, "My body is healthy and the doctor suggested I can donate blood. I had no any problem in last few years that's why I thought I would not have now."

Then he frowned and asked with glare, "The doctor doesn't know your condition but you know very well. You had no for few years it doesn't mean you will have not.  Did you explain doctor your condition before donating? Who asked you donate?"

I made my face because I didn't think it's necessary to explain everything to doctor but there was no use to tell him. I said with glaring, "By the way, it's not my fault. Who made the rule that everyone will donate the blood in  the company?"

He was speechless for few moments but he told with gritted his teeth, "The rule for everyone else but not for you."

I asked with frustration, "Why not for me?"

Shlok asked innocently, "Bro, I also want to know when the rule applies on me then why not on her?"

I wanted to give thumb up to Shlok but I had no dare in front of karan that's why I noted I will do it later. As expected, Karan glared him and shouted, "you shut up. Who are talking you?"

Shlok zipped his lips with his index finger and thumb. I wanted to laugh but i controlled myself.

But soon, my laugh changed into anger when I heard karan's comment, "Because she is brainless."

Who is brainless? I wanted to shouted but I controlled my anger. Suddenly, I thought something and said with smirk while looking him, "Actually, I had brain in starting but I gave someone who didn't have."

There were pin drop silence like it was before storm. Karan was glaring me with anger and seriously, I was scared from inside. Because I said it without thinking twice but looking at his expression, I was regretted. Unfortunately, I couldn't take it back. I was thinking how to escape from there without harming myself.