Chapter 20

Rani and I were preparing the dinner. I was cooking while Rani was helping me. We have almost done our work. We were serving at dinning table. Shlok came towards the table and took out the lid of one dishes. He smelled and asked with excitement, "today is special?"
I smirked, "it's surprise. By the way, it's not for you."
He raised his eyebrows, "for whom?"
"For Karan"
He looked at me with surprised, "why?"
"I told you it's surprise." I laughed and started to do what I was doing.

At the dinning table, we were seated on our chairs. Grandma looked at the serving plate and asked, "what is special today? Am I missing something?"
I didn't say anything even I didn't look at her.
Shlok commented, "Grandma, haven't you notice it is only Karan's favorite."
I glared at him but he smirked. And Karan was eating silently.
Mom changed the topic, "that's why we are saying you to get married. Your wife would cook your favorite for you."
He made a face, "I don't need a wife who cook for me." We all laughed. Thank God, mom controlled the situation otherwise I didn't know what to make excuses in front of them.

After dinner, Karan went to his study room. He didn't give any response even he didn't say thank to me to feed him his favorite food.
Karan changed a lot since our marriage. Before, he got irritated or angry on me. Even I didn't know the reason why he was. I started to adjust with his that behavior. But now, he got changed. I didn't know why and when. He didn't give any response no matter what I did or not. I was confused why he got changed so much. Sometimes, I felt uncomfortable around him because of his silent behavior. I knew I never get to chance to know him properly.
I came out from my thinking when I heard Shlok's voice. I blinked my eyes to look at him. I heard his voice, "what are you thinking?"
I shook my head with no with disappointment and started to wipe wet bowls with cloth.
"What happened tell me?" He insisted.
I sighed, "why did you say on the dinning table that I cook only Karan favorite food?"
He looked at me, "why? Did I say something wrong? You were in good mood and you said it's surprise. And Karan didn't say anything. I think I should interrupt that's why I said it. I was only helping you."
I didn't say anything and sat on the chair.
He started, "why are you silent? You were in good mood before dinner but now you are in bad mood. Say something at least."
"I am so confused. I don't know what to say you. But I will tell you everything soon. Just wait till then." I told him.
"Ok, I am waiting when you are ready to tell me. If you need my help, ask me." I nodded and he left.

I was standing in in front of Karan study room. The door was closed. I was hesitant that I should knock or not. I didn't know how to ask him. If he got angry or yelled on me. I was his wife it's my right to ask him anything. But it was not real relationship. We were compromising. And we were not that close to ask anything to each other. But I wanted to do it. At least, I would be satisfy that I did effort. I made my mind and knocked at door. I heard his voice and entered. I looked at him. He was busy in his file. I was standing and waiting him to finish his work. He asked without looking at me, "would you stand like that or say something?"
I thought for a second what to say, "do you want to drink coffee or tea?"
"Nothing" he responsed.
I bit my nails, "or nimbu Pani, lassi, thandai or anything else .... What do you want to drink?"
He looked at me and said, "I said nothing."
"But...."
"Do you want to say something or ask anything?" He raised his eyebrows.
"Actually, if you are busy, I will come later." I turned back to go.
I heard his voice, "I have done my work. You can continue."
I turned towards him. He already closed his file. I opened my mouth, "Actually, I want to know that why grandma doesn't like shifali?"
He looked at me, "why do you want to know?"
"Actually, I am curious." I lied but he raised his eyebrows. I understood he knew I was telling a lie that's why I told him truth, "you said if I convince grandma then you will give me divorce. Whenever I don't know what is problem, how I will solve it?"
He didn't say anything. I didn't know what he was thinking. Even I was not sure that he would tell me or not. I couldn't insist him to tell me. I could only wait him to tell me.
At last, he opened his mouth, "I also don't know why grandma doesn't like her? But as I remember, it is about two years ago. Grandma's condition got worst suddenly that's why shlok and mom took her to hospital. I was busy in meeting that's why I couldn't attend their call. They admitted her to shifali's hospital. Nobody knew about our relationship that time. Her condition was getting worst and she was not ready to take any treatment. I am regretting that I was not there that time. Shifali is psychiatrist that's why the doctor contacted her. As I know, she insisted to grandma for taking treatment without her permission. I think that's why grandma doesn't like her."
I looked at him with confusion, "what? You never want to know what the main reason to dislike her.... Do you ask to shifali what does she think the reason?"
He sighed, "grandma doesn't like her. It is enough for me. By the way, I have no time for knowing the reason. I don't want grandma to be upset because of me."
"Fine, I understood. Had shifali made any effort for taking grandma good side?" I asked.
"I don't know." He responded simply. I was so confused 'were they really love to each other? Or they really serious?' but it was not my concern. It's their problem. I wanted to help them for taking divorce that's it.
"What are you thinking? Before doing anything stupidity, Atleast tell me." He asked with irritation.
"Hmm, actually, I am thinking that if we show grandma shifali's good side, she will start to like her." I told him after thinking.
"How will you do?" Karan asked with curiosity.
"I have many ideas as if we will tell grandma that I had recovered from panic attack after taking shifali's treatment. She is good doctor and great person blah blah." I told him with excitement.
He refused, "what will happen, when grandma will get know that we are telling a lie?"
"Who will tell her the truth? By the way, my doctor recommended me a hospital in this city which is shifali hospital. And grandma will never know it's a lie." I told him.
"What will we do when you have any panic attack?" He asked with raising his eyebrows.
I smiled with whole heart, "I am fine now. I went to hospital last time for full check up. I am healthy now. I consulted with my doctor there is rare chance for me to have panic attack."
"How is this possible? I saw your condition last time. How will you recovered from it so soon?" He was not believing me that I was saying truth.
"Actually, I have some psychology problem. My panic attack were based on my psychology because I thought that kartik killed Tushar because of me. But now, I saw Tushar is alive and well. That's why I have not phobia." I told him truth.
"Ohh... That guy was your ex bf that day?" He asked.
I made my face, "he is not my ex. We never broke up. We have some misunderstanding." I told him with anger.
"Forget it because it didn't work on grandma." He said. I asked with confusion, "what?"
"I am talking about your idea that you are recover because of shifali. It is only shown that she is good doctor. And grandma already knows it. It means there is no use to tell her lie." He explained. He was right.
"It means I have to think something else." I asked with disappointment.
He nodded. I got irritated. It's their problem but I had to solve it. What a my destiny?