Chapter 34

When grandma woke up, she called us. Grandma took my hand into her hand and said, "I wanted to see my great grandchildren but God has some other plan. Kavya, karan struggled in his life, take care him and his happiness."

The tears flowed from my eyes and opened my eyes with sobbing, "grandma why are you saying so? We will go home soon."

She tried to smile, "now, I am aged and I know my condition."

I didn't know what to say but I shook my head with tears, "please grandma don't say so."

Grandma said mom and shlok to take care family and themselves. I was in dilemma that's why I didn't concentrate what grandma said to them. After few minutes, grandma left us. I couldn't believe it but when mom started to cry loudly. I came into senses that really grandma left us. How could it possible? She was right before one hour. Suddenly, how...?

When karan came into hospital, he ignored us. Shlok already informed him that's why he reached directly from airport. He didn't say anything. I could tell from his expression he was really angry.

Mom called him while sobbing, "karan?"

He glared her and asked with gritted teeth, "why didn't you tell me earlier?"

Mom tried to explain, "we thought..." .
He shouted loudly, "what did you think? You even didn't think you tell me." He looked at me with anger, "I am disappointed to you."

I wanted to say something to him but I didn't know what to say because any explanation didn't matter in that condition. He couldn't meet her in her last moments. I only cried silently.

Mom tried to defend me, "karan, why are you scolded her? It's my fault. I told her to tell you."

He only glared us and left. Mom patted my shoulders, "he is angry that's why he said it. When he will calm down, he will talk to you."

I nodded because I knew in that time, silence was better solution. He was angry there was no use to explain him.

My parents, Kartik, relatives, business men and many more came into grandma's funeral Everyone went after saying some comforting words but we knew what we lost and nobody replaced grandma.

Karan didn't talk to us since that day. Grandma had large amount shares that's why there were crisis into business. Even, karan spend his time in company or his study room. We were waiting to him to calm down.

According to custom, I had to go my parental home. Kartik came to take me. I wanted to talk karan before going but he didn't come back since last day. Mom again said, "Kavya, you know he was close to his grandma. Give him some time. Don't worry. He will go to take you back."

I nodded and left with Kartik. I didn't know I would not meet him in the future that day.

It was more than one week. I talked to mom and shlok daily on call. Shlok told me he decided to join business and helped to Karan. I was glad that shlok atlast got serious. Karan didn't call me in those days. Mom gave me update about him. He hardly came home because of work. I thought he was busy and angry that's why I didn't take initiative to talk him. I thought he needed to space to think carefully. But I didn't know I was wrong.

My parents and Kartik took care of me. Even, we took breakfast and dinner together. But I was not good. I was really miss karan. Even, I had lost almost appetite to eat.

It's noon when I was in my room. I was grounded before and I spend my mostly time in my room. But now a days, I was desperated.

My nanny came to room with tray. She said polielty, "baby, eat something. You didn't eat anything since breakfast."