Chapter 51

Kavya's POV

I woke up with bad headache. I rubbed my forehead with frustration. Why had I headache in early morning? Then I remembered I drank a lot last night. I was in bad mood last night that's why I couldn't stop myself to drink.

I opened my eyes and noticed that I was in unfamiliar room. I immediately sat up and looked around carefully. I was alone in room. Then I recalled I was with shlok that's why I don't need to worry. I thought, 'Shlok took  me here.' that's why I relaxed.

Because of my headache, I wanted to sleep more that's why I thought to sleep. But before I lay down, I heard a familiar voice, "Are you awake?"

I wanted to nod but something clicked on my mind. I looked towards voice. When I looked at him, I felt I struck with light.

He came to me and give me pill and a glass of water. I was looking at him blankly. He smirked, "Do you want me to feed you?"

I shook my head and took the pill and glass from him. After gulping pill with water, I asked him, "What are you doing here?"

Instead giving me answer, he asked, "What do you think? What I am doing in my house?"

I asked with confusion, "I was with Shlok?"

He said calmly, "He is taking care of your child. He can't take you in your house in your drunken state. That's why he asked me."

I nodded with realisation. He said, "wash yourself and come downstairs. I have to talk you."

I was confused what he wanted to talk. Before I ask something. He already left the room. After taking pill, my headache gone. I went to washroom and wash my mouth with cold water many times. Now, I felt I finally woke up. I looked at myself in mirror and asked, "What does he want to talk myself?" I was frustrated since few days because of him. There was rumours about us in office. I usually didn't care about rumours because I am used of various rumours. I was single mother that's why it's common to be gossip. But I was frustrated when everyone talked about me including him. I didn't want to hear anything about me including him.

What happened last time? He helped me. I was appreciated. Why didn't he clarify all the rumours? I didn't think he didn't hear about it. or he didn't really care. Ugh! After thinking all of these, I have again headache.

I shook my head and cleared my mind. After washing, I came out from washroom. I took my phone which was on the side table and called shlok. I was worried for Aahan. It was first time I was not with him at night. Shlok replied the call, "Hey, did you wake up?"

I replied, "Yeah, just now. Where is Aahan? Did he say something last night?"

Shlok told nonchalantly, "Don't worry about him. He is well behaved boy. I told him you are busy that's why you can't come at night. I send him his school just now.

I took a relief sign, "Thank you Shlok."

He laughed lightly, "Hey, Why are you thanking you?"

I smiled, "ok... I will talk to you later."

After hung up call, I went downstairs and looked Karan who was sitting on sofa and reading newspaper. He looked towards me and said, "Let's eat first."

I sat in front of him and shook my head, "I am not hungry. Thank you for last night. You want to talk something. What is it?" I didn't want to spend more time with him.

He didn't say anything but looked at me for few seconds. After taking a deep breath, he asked with raising his eyebrows, "Do you remember what you said last night when you was drunk?"