Chapter 25

When Karan went on trip for one week, It seemed I could think straight.  What happened that day? or why did he say to me? But it was all waste. As I was thinking about it, I was getting more confused. I was in dilemma. Its happened three days ago but I was still confused. I didn't know why did I hurt from his words that he wanted to give me divorce because I tried to take advantage of him. I never tried to give him explaination but this time, I wanted to give him explaination. I didn't care what he thought about me but first time I cared about my image in front of him. I didn't know why.

I was in my room balcony. It was evening time. The birds were singing into lawn. The sun was setting down. It was breath taking scene in front of me. But I was not in mood to enjoy the nature. I was in confusion. How could I do it? Karan and I both knew that it was only arrange marriage for few years. After few years, he will give me divorce. And we have our seperate path then why did I do? How could I be irresponsible?

It's true in starting, we didn't like to each other. But in one year, it's not that we were close but we accepted that each other existence. It's not that I was happy in that family but it's true I was not sad. But I knew it's not my family. I would have to leave this house... This family one day. I didn't want to have hope which cannot be true. I was only temporary member in this house. And it's true. I have to remember it. I didn't want to regret in future that's why its better I have keep distance from him.

  I rubbed my face with my hands and sighed loudly. I was feeling that something was missing.

I heard a familiar voice from my behind, "I know you would be here. By the way, what are you doing here alone?"

I tried to keep smile on my face because I didn't tell anything to shlok about it. Actually, he didn't ask that's why I didn't tell it's simple.

I turned towards him and he came near me and raised two cups of tea towards me. I took the cups. He pulled a chair from room in balcony and sat on the chair next mine. I gave him a cup and he took with smile.

I was taking sips from my cup and looking in front of scenery.

He asked with amusement, "so what happened?"

I shook my head with no without looking at him. I didn't know how to tell him after all he is his brother.

I heard his chukcle, "are you missing my brother, sister-in-law?"

What? Did he say sister in law? Or was I imagined?

I looked at him with widen my eyes, "what did you say?... Sister in law"

He giggled with shrugging his shoulders, "why are you surprised? Aren't you my sister in law?"

I gulped and asked with hesitation, "but its first time you call me your sister in law...  Didn't you say that you will never say it?"

He shrugged his shoulders, "peoples are changed and their point of view. It's not new."

He was true that's why I didn't know what to say.

He raised his eyebrows, "I thought you would be surprised when I would say 'are you Missing my brother?' .... but you are surprised that I said you 'sister in law'.

I sighed, "because you know very well  about our relationship. Why would I miss him?"

He smirked, "look at yourself... You are looking desparate since my brother went to trip."

I made my face, "you know it's not true. Why are you teasing me?"

"I am not teasing you. I am saying truth."

"If grandma says it, I will understand but you are saying it for making fun of me."

"Hey... I am not heartless that I will tease you in this condition. So tell me what is bothering you so much? I am noticing that you are upset since party."