Chapter 33

It's almost over two weeks since we came back from kullu Manali. Everyone was happy for karan and me. I was feeling blessed with him. I was glad he didn't change and our days were going smoothly.

At night, we were on bed and I was tired. As I was going to sleep, I heard his voice, "Kavya"

I hummed, "hmm"

He caressed my hairs and told, "there is imergency that's why I have to go out of station for few days."

I knew he is busy and work is important and he didn't go out since we returned from kullu manali. And I am practical person. I didn't want to tie him with me. But I was not feeling easy to hear it. It felt that something was going to happen. That's why I hugged him tightly.

He chuckled, "don't worry. I will try to come soon. And I don't want to go if there was no imergency."

I nodded and asked, "how many days?"

He told seriously, "I can't say for sure but when work is completed. I will come back. And we will connect by mobile. Call me when you miss me." I nodded. I mentally scolded myself. Why was I feeling like that? May be, I was thinking too much. He told he would come back soon.

He kissed my forehead and said, "it's too late.... Now sleep."

I hugged him with smile and I slept after few minutes.

He went on business trip following day and everything is normal except I was missing him. It's not he was going to business trip first time but I didn't know when I attached him so much.

We did call daily each other. Sometimes, we did video calls. It's almost one week. He told me by call, "Sorry, kavya, I have to stay for more days."

I tried to smile, "it's ok. I know work is important. Don't worry here everything is fine."

Then I recalled my mom called me that day and asked to attend my cousin's marriage. I was not close to her but mom told she attended my marriage and my aunt specially invited me that's why it would be rude if I didn't attend.

I asked mom and grandma and they told that they have no problem, If I want to attend.

I told karan about it, "my mom called and wants me to attend my cousin's marriage."

He said, "ofcourse, you should go. It will be help you increase social networking. She is your cousin after all."

I thought karan was not there that's why it's ok if I go before his coming back. And it would help to distract me from unnecessary thoughts. Actually, I was not feeling easy since he went. I was feeling something happened wrong and we can't be together in future. I knew it's my illusion. Our relationship was great but I was not feeling secured.

I agreed, "ok... I will back after marriage."

We chatted for few minutes. Then we said goodbye and hung up.

The following day, I packed my stuff and I was going for three days. Kartik send car for picking me.

When I reached my parental home, my mom and I packed gifts and other stuffs for marriage. In evening, Kartik, I and my mom and dad left for my aunty house. She lives in another city that's why we decided to go at night before marriage as we didn't have rush to go there.

At night, when we reached at my aunty house, she welcome us. I met her after my marriage. I didn't close to my any relatives that's why I was not excited to meet them. I came for only formality. It's late night that's why we decided to sleep as we would get up early in morning.

Karan and I didn't talk so much because I was tired because of journey and Karan told, "you should take rest. It's not good for your health."

I agreed because I was seriously tired and I wanted to sleep.