Chapter 48

I already cried a lot that's why there was not tears into my eyes. I asked him calmly as much as I could, "What's about Aahan?"

Shlok and I came into hall and he told me, "he already slept." When we sat into sofa, Shlok asked me again with concern, "Kavya, what happened? Didn't you go with bro?"

I took a deep breath and told him everything what happened there. I couldn't tell  few things to karan even I love him but Shlok is different. He is my friend and he won't judge me for anything.

Shlok listened carefully and didn't speak until I finished. When I finished, he asked with anger, "How dare that bastard to say you like it? You were with bro. What did bro do and say?"

I told him, "I didn't know what happened after I left? Karan didn't say to me except don't worry. Shlok, I know I messed up everything. What will happen?" I was angry and worried same time. I was worried because Tiwari was huge client and he has reputation and power in business world. I was worried for company and karan.

Shlok took deep breath and said calmly, "Don't worry Kavya. When bro said he will handle everything, it means he knows what to do about it. You told you called your brother."

I nodded. I knew Shlok didn't like Karthik since I told him about my past. Even, I forgave Karthik but according to Shlok, Karthik didn't deserve my forgiveness after what happened. But I forgave him after all he is my brother. Whatever happened in past, that was past. Above all, at least, he helped to get rid of Ravi. I hated Ravi because he was main reason for everything. Even Karthik was stupid that time but in last, he used his mind and found a way to get rid of Ravi.

After thinking a while, Shlok said, "Kavya, it's getting late. You don't think so much. I will talk to bro."

I nodded. He left and I changed my clothes into pajama. Aahan was already sleeping. I laid on bed and switched off light. I tried to sleep but I couldn't sleep after tossing and turning into bed whole night.

I woke up at 5 am. I couldn't sleep last night till 3 pm. I slept only two hours. I was tired after thinking so much last night that's why I got up from bed. And started to do daily routine.

After dropping Aahan to his school, I came to office. I was worried that's why I waited for karan to come. Last night, my mind was not working but after thinking at night, I decided to talk Karan directly. After all, it's my fault and I wanted to help him as much as I could. Even, I was not sure if I could help him or not.

I waited but Karan and Nimish didn't come. Even, it's lunch time but they didn't show. I went to Mr Rakesh because I was definitely sure he would know about it. I greeted his secretary with smile and asked, "Is Mr Rakesh in office?"

She nodded and asked in low and concern voice, "Kavya, is it true what I heard?"

I was confused what she wanted to say. Actually, there was only few colleagues in company who was sincere to me. Miss Divya was one of them. She was in her fourties and never like other gossips women. I asked with confusion, "Miss Divya, what did you hear?"

She examined my face for few seconds and said with shocked expression, "Really, you didn't hear? Everyone is talking about you and Mr Karan. That you ruined the business meeting last evening which caused a huge loss to company. And Mr Karan defended you. It means something was going to....."

She didn't finish but I understood what she wanted to say. She looked at me with concern and continued, "Kavya, I believe you. I know you since you joined the company. I know you are not that type of girl. There is misunderstanding. I am telling you this about you should careful in future."

I nodded with smile and said, "I know Miss Divya. You didn't need to explain me. Thank you and I will definitely careful in future."

I knocked the door of Mr Rakesh's cabin and entered into cabin. When Mr Rakesh looked at me, he asked me to sit, "Kavya, I was going to look you. It's good you come yourself. Do you hear everyone is talking about you and ex husband in company?"