Chapter 55

We reached at my house around 1 am.  I called to Karthik. He told Aahan was sleeping with my parents.  When I told him Karan and I were coming, he understood without telling that I told everything to Karan. That's why Karthik said, "okay, I will take him to sleep in your room."

I nodded and hung the call.

After parking the car, Karan didn't stop but went to inside the house. I followed him. I saw Karthik was waiting us in hall. Karthik said, "You come back...."

But Karan was not in mood to talk and sit that's why he asked, "Where is he?"

Karthik looked at me and told Karan directly because he could also feel karan was angry, "He is sleeping in her room. Karan, Don't be angry. let's sit and talk. I know....."

Karan didn't let him finish and said with irritating tone, "If your wife hid your child from you so many years, how will you feel?"

Karthik was speechless after hearing it. Karan didn't wait for his answer and directly went to my room. Karthik looked at me helplessly and patted my shoulder, "I told you..... By the way, forget it what happened in past. Now, he is angry. What are you going to do?"

I took deep breath and said determination, "I will talk to him and see what will happen?"

Karthik nodded and said, "Nobody knows you and karan are here. It's already late that's why I didn't want them disturb. We will talk tomorrow, hmmm?"

I nodded, "Thanks, bro." He left to his bedroom while I went to mine.

I opened the door slowly and looked Aahan was sleeping on bed soundly while Karan sat on bed silently and looking at Aahan. He raised his hand to touch his face but took away immediately. He was afraid that if he makes any sound or touch him, Aahan will wake up.

I felt heartache to look at him like it. I encouraged myself and went inside the room. I stood in front of Karan and put my hand on his shoulder, "I am sorry, Karan."

Karan encircled his both hands on my waist and hugged me. He sat while I was standing. He put his face on my stomach. He said with emotions with in slow voice, "He is looks like me."

I nodded and said with tears, "He is not only just looks like you. But he is like you... His behaviour... His habits... Everything is same as you. Sometimes, I look him, I feel I look at you."

I felt wetness on my stomach through my dress. Then I realised Karan was crying. I stood there silently. I didn't know what to say him and how to give him comfort. I never saw him cry till I was with him. Even, not at grandma's death. He was silent and sad but he didn't cry that time. But this time...

I put my hands on his back and said with determination, "I am sorry, Karan." I didn't know what to say or do in that condition except tell him how much I felt guilty about it.

He shook his head while said with emotions, "Kavya, it's not only your fault. It's also my fault. I didn't give you security enough as you can trust me. I was your husband but I failed to be your husband. Kavya, I am sorry because of me you have to bear hardship. You had to struggle outside while you could enjoy your life and live freely. But from now on, I will never leave you alone. I will do everything as you feel safe with me and trust on me.

But promise me, from now on, you will never hide anything from me. You will talk to me if you have any doubt and misunderstanding. I will try my best. We can talk and solve our problems together. You will never leave me and run away from me, hmm?"

I nodded and said with smile, "I promise. But Karan, you should also not hide from me anything. You don't need to take every responsibility and difficulty on your shoulder. You can share with me. I love you. I want to help to solve your problems and difficulty. If I can't, at least I can stand with you shoulder to shoulder."