Chapter 47

Karan and I entered to resturant where the meeting was held. The waiter told us about private room which was booked for meeting. Karan and I didn't talk anything till now. When we were going to private room, Karan told me, "Kavya, just relax. You don't need to be nervous. I will handle everything. You only need to sit with me, okay?"

I smiled and nodded. It's true I was nervous. But hearing him, I felt relax. He continued, "Think it will be new experience for you, hmm?"

I again nodded. We entered into private room. There were total four people. Karan did handshake with two men who were in expensive suits. Nimish told me some information about client. That's why I recognised them when Karan talked politely with them. They were Mr Mehta and Mr Tiwari who were Ceo of their company. Mr Tiwari was big business tycoon among them. There were a female assistant with Mr Mehta while male assistant with Mr Tiwari. I was relieved to know that I was only not female assistant there.

Mr Mehta asked to Karan, "Mr Garg, please sit and discuss about project."

Karan nodded and we all seated. I sat beside Karan. They started to discussing about project. As Karan said, I didn't need to do anything. I was only listening. I was working as his assistant that's why I could understand what they were talking. I was surprised after knowing how much it is important this project for karan's company. If the contract signed, karan will be benefited a lot. That's why Nimish was nervous and told me to be careful and not to do any mistake.

It's more than one hour when they finished to discuss. After discussion, I was relieved that we could go soon. But I forgot, we couldn't go without eating and drinking in that type meeting. I wanted to go soon but I had to stay because Karan didn't say anything about going.

As waiter served the drink for me, Karan stopped waiter, "She can't drink. Serve her a glass of fruit juice."

I looked at him with shocked but he didn't glance at me. Even Mr Mehta said with smiling, "Mr Garg is so concern for his secretary."

Karan said without changing his expression while taking a sip from his glass, "I am always concern for peoples who works under me."

Mr Mehta gave an awkward smile. While I felt pain in my heart I didn't know why. I took deep breath to control my emotions. I knew very well I am just like other employees for him. I didn't expect much from him but I didn't know why I was upset.

They were talking about business while eating. Suddenly, Karan's mobile rang. He looked towards his mobile's screen and apologized, "I am sorry. I have to attend this call. Please excuse me."

Everyone else nodded with understanding. Karan looked at me and said, "Don't worry. I will come soon."

I nodded because I felt relax now. Everyone was polite and karan already handled everything that's why I don't need to be nervous.

He left and there was a silence into room. Mr Tiwari asked me, "You are Kavya, right. You joined him few days ago."

I nodded with light smile. I attended this type of meeting first time. That's why I didn't know what to say or not. And how to behave.

Before divorce, Karan took me to business party but that was differ because everyone knew I was his wife. That's why everyone respected me. And I didn't know business that's why there was greetings among us and nothing else.

But now, I am his secretary and it is differ.

Mr Tiwari chuckled and said, "He is really nice to you." I frowned after hearing it. I could feel his tone was not right but I recalled myself that I couldn't afford to offend him. It's not good for business. I came here because of business.