chapter 8

It was my wedding day. I should be happy but I was not. My make up artist, Suman did her job on my face while I was sitting in front of mirror with my wedding lehnga. I was nervous and tensed. I was unsure that I was doing right or wrong. I was so much confused that's why my brain stopped to working. After meeting Shifali, I was thinking nonstop. I had many choices but I had no dare to do it that's why it was best for me to let it happen. Suman gave me smile time to time and tell me what I should do or not. And I was obeying her without thinking. I heard my room door opened which was in wedding hall. I saw my mother was coming towards me through mirror. She has a smile on her face and I gave her smile. My mother gave suman a jewelery box and told with smile, "it will match with her dress." She took it and nodded. She took out a necklace from that box. As I looked it my jaw dropped, I looked towards my mom. She nodded with smile. I argued, "but mom?" She put her hand in my shoulder and patted. I kept silent. I knew it was not topic to discuss in front of suman. My mom helped me to lock it around my neck. I had a memory about that necklace. It was my grandmother who gave to my mom. I love it from starting. My mother has many necklace but it was awesome and I always had a eye on it.

I was 14 years old. My mother selected a jewelry for my uncle wedding. I took that necklace in my hand and tried to wear it. It was always attractive for me. My mother smiled and scolded, "no kavya. Put it into its box."

"But mom, it's amazing. I like it."

She shook her head with amusement and told me, "it a blessing from your grandmother to me. I have many that's why you can take another."

"I want it. Please mom." I pleaded.

"No, it's for Karan's future wife." She assured me.

I pouted and argued, "you can give all those to her."

She smiled, "no you can take any other but it is for her."

Now what happened? My mother was giving it to me. Suman finished her work and looked at me. She rubbed her hands and told with smile, "you look awesome, kavya."

"Thanks" I muttered and she left with smile.

My mother stood in front of me and I also stood. She complimented with smile, "you are looking like princess."

"Princess has choices while I have not." My mother always called me princess in childhood and I always giggled because I wanted to be a princess.

She had hurt expression on her face but soon recovered it with smile, "I am sorry, kavya."

I nodded, "mom it is for her." I recalled her. I put my hand on that necklace which was looking graceful on my neck.

She smiled, "It was mine, kavya. Now it is your. It is my choice to give whoever I want. He didn't deserve but you deserve it. You always think about our family first. You always feel us proud."

"But I never did anything." I asked with absent minded.

"At least you did not do any stupidity like him." She smiled and looked at me, "you should take some rest because you have a long night." I nodded and she continued, "I am going now because I have to do many works. But don't forget we are always here for you when you need us." I smiled and nodded. She kissed my forehead and left.

I sat on the bed and closed my eyes. She was right I had long night because I had to do many wedding rutal before marriage and after marriage.

My Heartless Ex- Husband (Completed)जहाँ कहानियाँ रहती हैं। अभी खोजें