Chapter 50

Shlok's POV

I couldn't wait anymore. I rushed immediately to my home. When I reached home, it was already midnight. Everyone knew I would come next morning but I couldn't sleep until I got to know what I wanted. I didn't disturb anyone because everyone would sleep. I directly went to study room. As I know, the light of study room was open. It means bro didn't sleep till now.

I knocked at door and entered. He was working on his laptop. He lifted his face and looked at me, "You came soon."

I nodded, "I already finalized deal that's why there was no need to stay."

He nodded and I gave him  file. He checked the file while I was thinking how to start. I thought what to say or ask him but now my mind was not working properly.

He noticed me to stand and asked, "There is something else?"

I sat the chair in front of him and said, "Bro, I need to talk."

He nodded and waited me to say. I opened my mouth at last, "Bro, today I met Shifali. Is it true what she said?"

He frowned and asked, "how can I know what she told you?"

I gulped my saliva, "Bro, you send me on business trip that time because it was dangerous here." I recalled he increased security around aunty that time. He send me on business trip while Kavya was in her house. And there was Shifali who was her shield.

He didn't say anything. After a while he said, "Shlok, it was past that's why forget that time."

I understood what he wanted to say. He didn't want to make worry us. That's why I nodded and said, "ok.. ok . Bro, I will forget it and not mention to other. But I want to ask why did you give divorce Kavya when you love her?"

He said with frustration, "Why do mom and you say I gave her divorce? Both of you forgot it's her who gave me divorce."

He was right. He didn't send her divorce papers but it's her. I asked with hestitation, "But bro, why didn't you clarify her? I can understand you didn't do to media because you wanted to protect her. But you could tell her directly. She misunderstood you that time. You already knew in what suitation, both of you married."

He took deep breath and told, "I wanted to tell after everything would settle. But before I told her, she already send me divorce papers."

There was pin drop silent. After  a while he opened his mouth, "I didn't want to give her divorce. But when Karthik told me she found someone who she loved and wanted to spend her life with him. What could I do?" I could feel sadness and disappointment into his eyes. I wanted to tell him everything but I didn't know how to tell him. There was misunderstanding between them.
If I told him everything now, then what will happen? May be, they would remarry but what about future? If they will have misunderstanding in future, they will repeat and misunderstood each other. It's better to let them solve their problem themselves. At least, I know what to do now. Before I asked him, he asked me, "Shlok, she tells you everything. Who is her child's father? Why didn't she marry him?"

I couldn't tell him truth, "Bro, it's not my place to tell you. I think it's better you ask her yourself." I knew he was angry on me that's why I changed the topic, "Bro, do you want to remarry her?"

He was stunned for few seconds but he covered himself soon. He said, "But she doesn't like me."

I smiled and said, "Leave it on me. By the way, when are you going back? If you stay away from her, how will you know she likes you or not?"

Before he asked anything else, I said good night to him and left study room. I am sure he understood what I wanted to say him.

I was happy for them.  They misunderstood to eachother but at least, they love to eachother. It's just that they didn't clear their misunderstanding and talked to eachother. Fine, there will be more opportunities in future.