Chapter 53

The following day, I left Aahan to care of my parents and went to Karan.

Karan called me last night and asked, "When are you coming?"

I told him, "Tomorrow... I will reach directly at party."

He said, "ok... I will wait for you."

The city changed in those last seven years. Karthik arranged car and driver for me to go into party.

I stood in front of venue. The venue was large and grand. I had no invitation but Karan already informed the front desk. When I checked in, I looked Karan who was coming from inside. He looked at me and smiled. He came to me and held my hand into his hand, "Finally, you came."

I nodded and he took me inside.  I looked at our joint hand. In past, we were married couple and we attended many parties. But I never saw him so attentive. In past, whenever I was with him, I felt it's my duty as his wife. But now, the feeling is different and it's go.

When we entered in hall where party was held, everybody was looking us. He is host of party and centre of attention. But I felt nervous. It's many years since I attended party with him. That time, I was his wife but now...

He felt my nervousness and said with calm tone into my ear, "It's ok. I am with you."

I nodded with smile. I knew why mostly were looking at us like it. Because his old employees and business partners knew I am his ex- wife. We got divorce many years ago and suddenly we attend party together after many years.

But Karan behaved as he didn't care. Shlok was not in party because he was looking branch office in another city.

He toasted and chatted  with others like as usual while I was giving him accompany. His old business partners greeted me but they didn't comment anything. I was relieved that nobody cares. It's only me who was thinking so much.

Karan asked me for dance and I accepted. We were doing dance with other couples. He said with smile, "I am happy you came."

I only smiled. After dance, he took me to a corner. I was confused. Before I could ask him, he put his lips on mine.

After breaking kiss, he caressed my cheek with his fingers and asked with husky tone,"So what did you decide?"

I looked at him and told with serious tone, "Karan, many things happened in past. I think we should talk about it before taking any decision."

He looked into my eyes for few seconds then sighed and nodded, "ok.... After party, we will talk. You take rest. I have to attend few business partners. After that, we will leave together."

I nodded because I was tired. I wanted to sit somewhere and relaxed.

He went to chat with others while I sat a side and enjoyed my juice.

I heard some whisper voices, "Who is lady with boss? She is beautiful."

Other told, "you don't know because you joined three years ago. She is boss's ex-wife."

The first asked with surprise tone, "Really? But didn't the reporters reported in news that it was only arranged marriage. He was going to divorce his wife while getting married with his girlfriend who was some doctor."

The other said, "Who knows what's the truth? I am working in this company since many years. I never saw or heard him with another girl except his wife. I saw her one time that's why I remember. After that, boss didn't attend any party with any other women. Now, he attended with her again."

The first one said with gossip tone, "May be, we should ask Mr Nimish about it. He would tell us."

The other said, "Do you think he will spill anything? He is loyal to boss since Mr Girish left the position of boss's secretary."