Chapter 23

Shlok and I were standing in front of Karan's study room. He was insisting me go inside while I was resisting. I said with frustration, "Why do we need to his approval?"
"He warned me last time. We were in trouble and he helped us. At least, he deserves it. What if we are in trouble again, who would help us? It would be him. That's why we need his approval."
"Then why don't you ask? Why me?" I asked with making my face.
"There is no chance to receive his approval if I go. But if you go, we have atleast 2% chance." He gave me reason but I was not satisfied.
"Then why are we going out? Let's drop the plan now." I told him with assured. As I took step towards the downstairs, he held my hand and said with amusement, "Are you serious? It is kamini's birthday. She wants us to join her birthday party. It would be rude if we don't go." I recalled that she was too sweet with me whenever we met. He was right if I don't go it would be rude.
I asked with raising my eyebrows, "she wants me too come in the party?"
He nodded, "ofcourse, that's why I am saying to you."
I thought for a second then changed my mind, "forget it. I am not doing it. Apologize her behalf of me. And tell her that I am not well."
He asked with raising his eyebrows, "are you scared to him?"
I mocked, "why would I scared to him?"
He smirked, "then why are you deny?"
I made my face and responded, "Fine, I am going inside. But I will say him only once. If he doesn't agree, you will not force me again."
"Deal, but atleast go now otherwise we would be late." He said nonchalantly.
I smiled, "don't worry. VIPs always  reach late."
He shook his head with amusement. I took a deep breath and knocked at the door.
After receiving his response, I grabbed the handle of door and opened it. I looked inside the room. He was doing something on his laptop as always. I entered the room and rubbed the back of my neck. I didn't know how to start.
At last, I opened my mouth, "actually, I need to ask you something."
He hummed without looking towards me. It seemed he was busy with his work. And my approval rate increased 10% from 2%.
I started to say, "Today is shlok's friend birthday. And she also invites me. Shlok said that you warned him because of what happened last night that's why he said me to ask you."
"She is his friend. Why does she invite you?" He asked me but his focus was on the laptop.
"How do I know whenever I will go and ask her." I told him without thinking. He looked at me with amusement. Did I say something wrong? He asked me like it then how will I give him response.
"Okay, but I am coming with both of you." He said with assured.
My mouth opened widely. I asked in unbelievable, "why?.... Why do you come with us?"
He mocked, "because I don't trust both of you. Both of you are trouble maker. Last time, what you create the trouble, it's hard to handle. That's why there should be someone who can watch on both of you."
I laughed lightly, "but you are busy and you have a looot of work...." I insisted on lot word. "how can you come with us? I mean it will waste of your quality time."
He smirked, "You don't need to worry about me.  I will handle it."
I made my face and nodded. He added, "tell me when will you go?"

I went to shlok room. He asked with curiosity, "what did he say?"
I sat on the bed and told him with disappointment, "he is coming with us."
"What?" He asked with unbelievable. I shrugged my shoulders.

After half an hour, three of us were sitting into the car. Karan was driving. Shlok was sitting in front seat while I was on back seat. There were silence into the car. I looked both of them through the front mirror. Karan was driving seriously while shlok was looking tensed.

I took out my mobile from my handbag. I send the text to shlok, 'talk him now.'
He looked at me through front mirror and he gestured, 'How?' I shrugged my shoulders.
I told him without sound, 'Now'
He nodded. He took a deep breath and opened his mouth, "bro...." Karan only hummed.
He told with hesitation, "I have to tell you something."
Karan said, "I am listening."
Shlok told nonchalantly, "My friends doesn't know she is your wife." After saying, he took a deep breath and looked at Karan response. I was also waiting it.
Karan asked with amusement, "why?"
Shlok looked at me then Karan, "I told my friends that she is our uncle daughter. If we tell them now, it would be awkward. I will tell them later if you are okay with it."
Karan gave only response, "okay"
I took a relax breath. Shlok inhaled with excitement, "thank bro." He turned back towards me, "I already told you that my bro is understandable." I smiled and nodded.

After twenty minutes, we reached at bar where she held the party. Shlok looked at his friends and we went towards them.
Kamini noticed us and we wished her and hugged her. I gave her banquet which we bought in the way. She thanked me and said with excitement, "I am so glad that you also come."
I smiled. Kamini looked at Karan and said, "Karan bhaiya, how are you?"
Karan wished her and said, "Fine"
When shlok's friend noticed that Karan was also with us. They all hugged him and greeted. It means everyone already knows him. I was relieved that it would not be awkward after all.
Kamini cut the cake and we enjoyed the cake cutting ceremony. After that, we decided to dance. Karan denied to dance but I joined his friends group. I came to enjoy the party and I would definitely do it.

It was fun to dance with friends. I missed many things into my life. But now I will do everything. We danced around one hour. When we got tired, we decided to relax.
We sat around the table. Rohan asked to Kamini, "so birthday girl, what do you want to do now?"
She said with excitement, "play truth and dare."
Kishan said with disappointment, "no... We always play it. We got bored."
She told with cheerful voice, "I have an idea. This time we would decide to what will other do. And we ask the question which we didn't ask."
Everyone agreed and the bottle started to spin.
Everyone enjoyed it. Mostly we are giving task to others like sing, crack jokes, tell about incident we didn't know about each other and blah blah...
Karan was also enjoying. I never saw him like it. Shlok was sitting beside me that's why he whispered into my ear, "you don't know anything about him. He is really cool. Don't worry. You will get to know his that side soon."
I smiled and nodded.
The bottle spined again and that time, the bottle point stopped towards me. Everyone claps because it was first time it stopped towards me. Kishan said with rubbing his hand, "Now, it's our turn to give you task." Because I was giving task to everyone and making fun.
I laughed and nodded, "so what is my task?"
I was waiting. Kamini said with cheerful voice, "I will give you." I smiled with raising my eyebrows, "Fine"
She gave me challenge, "kiss someone from here."
Before I thought something, I felt Karan grabbed my face and put his lips on mine. It happened so quickly that I couldn't understand anything.
When he left me, everyone was looking at us with opening mouth. And I couldn't believe what happened just some seconds ago. I was stunned.
I looked at shlok. He smirked and shrugged his shoulders.
My cheeks got red from anger. I grabbed Karan hand and said, "let's go from here. I need to talk you."
I avoided everyone and we became a side where nobody could hear us.
I left his hand and tuned towards him, "what did you do?"
He asked innocently, "what?"
I raised my eyebrows. He opened his mouth, "How can you kiss someone else when your husband is here? I am your husband.  It's ok to kiss me. You should be thankful to me that I saved you. And you are angry on me."
I couldn't believe on my ears. I asked with frustration, "are you out of your mind? They asked for just a kiss. It doesn't mean it. The kiss can on cheek, forehead and even hand."
He only gave the response, "Really..." Before he said something more. He blanked out on me. His weight was on me. He was really heavy. It's hard for me to handle his body weight. My whole body was buring with anger. I didn't know what to do with him.

Thank God! After few minutes, shlok came to help me. He was smiling. I asked with frustration, "why are you smiling?"
He denied, "what?... No... I am not smiling.... You are pretending so much."
I shouted, "Really?"
He changed the subject, "first, we took him to the table." I nodded. We both took him at the table where his friends were waiting us.
Rohan asked with concern, "what happened to him?"
Shlok responded, "he blanked out. It seemed he drank a lot."
They all nodded. Shlok told them about Karan and my marriage.
Kamini asked, "why didn't you tell us before?"
He said with hesitation, "I thought it would be awkward if I told you she is my sister in law."
Rohan said, "I thought you like her."
Shlok smirked, "ofcourse, I like her as a sister. After all she is my sister in law. What you say kavya?"
I smiled, "ofcourse, brother in law. We are friends but we respect our relation." I sighed looking at Karan, "I think we should go now."
Shlok nodded and Rohan and Kishan helped us taking Karan to car.

Shlok was driving. I was siting front seat while Karan was laying on back seat. It was silent in the car.