chapter 29

We reached at my parental home at noon. I came back after few months. Last time, when I got to know that Tushar is alive, I came here to ask Kartik why he lied to me. After that, Kartik admitted his mistake and asked for forgiveness. There was changing between our sister and brother relationship. I didn't know that I will ever forgive him after what he did to me but I was thinking about it. After all, he is my elder brother.

I looked at the building in front of me.  I have many bad memories of this house but it was my home since childhood. Or may be in the future.

I entered into house with karan and shlok. Kartik and my parents were waiting for us into hall. When they saw us, they welcomed us.

It's already noon that's why I tied rakhi to Kartik's wrist. He gave me my gift and said with hestitation, "kavya, I promise to you I will protect you in the future." I didnt say anything but nodded with smile.

It's lunch time. That's why we took lunch together. There was silent on the dinning table. It's long time since I enjoyed meal with my family but it was in past.

After lunch, karan, Kartik and dad went to Kartik's study room for talking about work. Shlok was tired because of driving that's why he went to take rest in guest room which was arranged by my family for him to stay.

I came to my room. My room was exact when I left it 10 months ago. The servants were dusting at time but nothing is changed it. I missed my room after all, I spend my mostly time in my room. I changed my clothes in comfortable dress and took out my laptop. I left my old laptop.

I logged in and opened the folder which had my photography works. I almost forgot my passions. But last time, when I mentioned to Shlok, I wanted to look my old works to recall my old memories. I opened one by one and recalling how and where I clicked that photo.

Whenever I had chance to go out, I clicked the picture for remembering the good memories. After few times, I learnt online photoshop and started to work on it. Slowly, it became my hobbies because it gives me happiness when I was in bad mood.

I heard knock on the door. I sat straight and did my clothes adjusted. I saw Kartik entered into my room. He gave me smile and said, "Kavya, I want to talk you."

I smiled and nodded, "come in"
He sat on bed beside me and told, "I didn't change your room. It will always be your room."

I thanked him, "thank you."

After that, we were sitting silent. I didn't know what to say him and he was silent.

He looked at me and opened his mouth, "kavya, I am sorry what I did to you. I know I harmed you a lot and seriously, I am also regretted for my actions. I was really stupid in past. I know I have no rights to ask you forgiveness but kavya, I seriously want to improve our relationship."

I looked at him and read his expression. He was really serious. I took a deep breath and said, "it's ok Kartik. I will think about it but I don't know I will ever forgive you or not."
I wanted to test him that he really wanted to improve our relationship or not.

He didn't get angry but he smiled, "Thank you kavya. You will think about it that's is enough for me." I nodded and he continued, "don't worry about Ravi. Karan and I already handled him. In the future, he will never disturb you. I am sorry because of me you had to face him. I am really incapable brother. I can't change the past but I am really protect you in future and think about your happiness."

He looked at me and continued, "Karan married you because of his grandmother and as you know how much important his grandmother for him. It's hard to convince him for divorce but I will try  my best to convince you. I can't say sure but I will."  He put his hand on my head and caressed my hairs as he did in past.

I chewed my cheeks from inside and told him, "Kartik, I don't want divorce."

His hand stopped and he looked at him shocked. He asked, "It's you who wanted to divorce. Why not now?"

I sighed and looked at him, "I want to give chance to my marriage."

He held my shoulders and said with concern, "Kavya, he doesn't love you while he loves to someone else. You know why he married you. Do you know what I want to say you?"

I laughed lightly, "I know but I want to take risk. I know he will give me divorce one day but I want to give chance. I know it's contract marriage but we married in real. His family is so nice to me. Everyone cares me in that family. And in our country, many couples don't love to each other but their marriage is succeed." I sighed, "don't tell him that I want to give chance this marriage. Or if he wants to give me divorce, don't mention it what I said to you but don't take initiative to talk about divorce." I looked at him and asked, "at least, you can do it for me."

Kartik held my hands into his hands, "kavya, I know I have no rights to say you something but please think carefully. You will get hurt in end. I don't want you to be sad in your whole life. I am sorry I dragged you into this mess."

I shook his hands and smiled, "it's not your fault. I thought about it many times. I don't know what will happen in future but I want it."

He nodded and said, "it's ok. If you want it, I am with you. And in future, what you will want to do, I will be your side. That's why don't think you are alone."

I nodded and smiled, "thank you Kartik."

We talked about many other things. He told me how he and Karan made Ravi's family abodements Ravi. I didn't know about business world that's why I could not understand many terms but I understood that now Ravi has no money and no power and it's hard for him to survive. That's why he is busy to survive and he has no time to think about useless things like me. So we were sure that he will not disturb me in future.

In evening, we took dinner together and shlok and I played video games. I showed him my photography works and he was impressed. He commented with proud, "I didn't know you are so talented. I can't say that you are not professional. Its final you will design my wedding album."

I laughed, "thank you. It's my honor."

Shlok and I decided to visit city next day that's why we decided to sleep early as we could get up in early morning next day. After playing few rounds of video games, we decided to take rest.