Chapter 39

I was writing a mail's reply. I replied few mails since morning. I had no much knowledge how to reply mail that's why I send to Nimish first. If there was any problem he replied me by highlights my mistake. I knew I can't learn it in one day but I was trying to do my best.

When I was typing, I felt hungry that's why I looked at time. It's almost lunch time. I looked at screen it took ten to fifteen minutes that's why I decided to endure my hunger and complete my work first.

As I was going to complete, I noticed someone opened the door of my cabin. I looked up and there was Karan. He asked me causally, "what are you doing?"

My mind was ony work that's why I looked at screen back and replied, "Reply the mail."

He came back of my chair and said, "let me look."

I let him look at screen. He was standing beside my chair and reading carefully. I was also looking at screen and reading what I wrote. Suddenly, he bend on my chair and told me where I did mistake and I was correcting. I didn't think much because my focus was on my work.

After correction the mail, he told me directly send to client. After click the send button, I waited him to retreat back. But he didn't. I was confused what to do. Then I noticed how much we were close. His both hands were on the arms of my chair. I could feel his breath on my skin. His perfume fragrance was same which he used in past. He didn't change it that's why the similar fragrance came into my nostrils. I was feeling I was trapped. I couldn't stand up because he was behind me. 

I turned my face towards him to know what's he wanted. Our faces were so close. I didn't look him so close since we met again that's why now I could see his closure facial features. He didn't change a bit. I looked up into his eyes. Our eyes met and my heart stopped to beat. It seemed temprature of my cabin was suddenly increased.

I tried to find into his eyes but I couldn't find anything. He was looking at my eyes with his deep black colour eyes. My mind also stopped to work what should I do or not.

I came into my senses when I heard my cabin door opened with a voice, "Kavya, you..."

Suddenly I looked towards door and Nimish entered but soon, he stopped and looked at Karan and me with dumbfounded. I was startled because Nimish didn't know about Karan and my past. In his eyes Karan and I were only employer and employee.

I thought and relieved slightly that Karan would stand straight now after Nimish came but I was wrong. Karan didn't move slightly. He was still bend on my chair. I felt awkward that time I didn't know what to do. Nimish looked at me and then Karan. He was also confused what to do.

I heard karan's cold voice behind me, "Nimish, don't you know to knock before coming into anybody's cabin?"

Nimish lowered his head and apologized sincerely, "I am sorry." Then he left.

I glared Karan and said with angrily, "Why did you talk him like it? He is my senior. It's ok if he doesn't knock before come in." I didn't think it's necessary to knock before come in.

Karan told in calm voice, "Kavya, you should know what is necessary or not. If you don't show your seniority, how will others respect you?"

I frowned, "but I don't think it's necessary."

He stood straighten and said in authority tone, "I said it's necessary. It means it's necessary." Before I gave him any response, he asked, "Where is your lunch?"

As he mentioned, my gaze went to my lunch box which was on side table with my bag and I recalled I was hungry. He traced my gaze and suddenly grabbed the box. When I noticed he was going with my lunch, I stood up from chair and shouted, "Where are you taking me lunch box?"