Chapter 49

Ted

I hurriedly ran out of the airport, I had to get to Cephas. After three days of searching for her in Finland, I found out she was with Cephas. He came and took her after she saw what happened. I was really nervous, I didn't even have the strength to lie again, I just wanted to tell her the truth. My car was waiting for me outside, I was going to drive alone and the others would either go home or meet me there.

'Carlos, Metal informed me about an ambush on the warehouses in Rome. I don't know how whoever found out about the underground warehouses found out, but we need to put it to a stop.' I said as I walked over to my car.

'We don't have any insider,'

'We can never be sure. I can't lose more money and this shit is a huge insult to me. Get on it Carlos, find out who is snitching or who is being snitched to. I want all dead. It's been a while I shot at idiots.'

'Alright sir,'

'I've told you not to call me that.'

'I can't call you by your name or address you informally when you are in business mode, it's not right.' He shrugged. I opened the door to the car and slipped in.

'Have River check the hidden surveillance cameras in and around the house, including my of...no,' I shook my head. 'There might be something there and he won't see it. Have Yolanda handle the cameras, including my house office and every single cameras in every building I own. She will be able to spot any error within seconds.'

'Okay,' I buckled my seatbelt. 'Anything else?'

'Is Bruce back?'

'Yes, he's back.'

'Good, just in case anything should happen, I'm going to need him. Cookie listens to him more than she listens to me.' I said through gritted teeth.

'Hey,'

'I know, I know. I won't do anything stupid.' I said with an eye roll.

'There's something Yolanda told me and I want to call in Venom to handle this.'

'Venom?' I asked with furrow brows. Venom was one of my men, he prefers to remain anonymous to everyone so he can live a normal life. He is very good at investigating, specialized at that. 'What did Yolanda tell you?' He shook his head negatively. 'She made you promise not to tell me?'

'Not exactly,' he licked his lips. 'It has something to do with Braddock.'

My eyes widened. 'Wh...what?'

'Yolanda thinks he's alive and might be planning an attack.'

'I watched him die Carlos, he can't be alive.' I said incredulously.

'We can never be sure and you know that daughter of yours, she's a mafia witch. She couldn't shake off the feeling after we both went to check the warehouse that exploded five months ago. You know her, she is just like you, always right.' He explained. I closed my eyes and inhaled, clutching the steering wheel aggressively.

'Cookie,' I muttered. If he is still alive, then that will be terrible. Braddock is my nemesis, a leech I find very difficult to get rid off. He is very dangerous. If he's alive, my love ones are bound to get hurt.

'You already knew, didn't you?'

'I had a feeling,' I sighed. 'I should have investigated but... I don't even know why I didn't.'

'You refused to believe he was,' he said calmly, shoving his hand into his front pocket while the other held the door. 'You should know better than to take any chances...'