Chapter 23

Ursula 

I stared at the plasma TV meticulously, eating from my bowl of chips as I watched the movie alone. It really hurt watching it alone, Vee was always there with me, making the movie more interesting. If she wasn't laughing exaggeratedly, she would be hitting me and shouting like a forest girl. When it came to horror movies, she would hold my hands and not scream, be the shoulders I lean on and then after the movie, will tease me for being so jumpy and a wimp.

Oh my God! He's going to die!

Hey hey see!

This guy is very stupid! Can't he see the gun right there!

Oh fuck! That punch was sweet!

And many more shouts that made seeing a movie indoor very interesting. I sighed and dropped the bowl, it wasn't that interesting seeing it alone. I was still at the second house, far away from Yolanda and I can't even stand that bratty kid, Vee is the only one that can tolerate her.

'Look what we have here,' I raised my head and looked over the chair I was leaning on. It was Carlos, Bruce, River and one other guy called Barrow. Two ladies, one of the top females were with them, one hanging loosely in River's arms and the other in Bruce's. I rolled my eyes back to the TV, ignoring the pricking feeling in my heart. 'What are you doing here?'

'What do you see her doing?' Barrow asked coldly as he took a seat. 'We want to use the movie room, get out.'

'Barrow, don't be rude to the bitch,' one of the girl laughed mockingly. I chuckled and stood up with my bowl, I wasn't enjoying the movie anyways.

'Marilyn, you can sit, don't mind them.' Bruce said nicely, he's really nice despite being strong. So far, Carlos and Bruce are the only one who treats me with respect. There's also one called Lance and Sylvester, they are neither mean or nice to me, just regular.

'It's okay, it was really boring watching it without Vee anyways.'

'Vee?'

'Cookie,' I smiled. 'I wonder if she's okay.'

'Yeah, she's fine,' Carlos said, handling the remote. 'She got lost but Ame found her, they will be back late though.' I nodded and headed to the door.

'Hey Lyn baby!' Bruce shouted from behind, I turned and saw him behind me. 'Come on, let's see a movie together.'

'Huh?' I looked at the others. 'But they are here...'

'He hates crowd, always so belligerent and an introvert,' the girl he was holding complained. I almost laughed, the Bruce I know is a kid at heart.

'Really?' I asked smirkingly, since his back was turned to them, he winked at me. 'What movie do you want to see?'

'Horror...'

'No!' I shouted.

'Yes!' He shouted too. 'Come on, I need someone to scream and die of nightmares, the rest people don't scream and if they do have nightmares, they don't share.'

'River screams at everything,' Carlos laughed. River muttered to himself.

'I don't need a movie to do that, his is an everyday show.' Bruce laughed too. I quickly snuck out while they teased River. I hurried off to my room, I don't want to be alone with Bruce or he will certainly get me laid. I know his plans and I know I suck at self-control when it comes to someone I like. I opened the door to my room with a thumping heart.