Chapter 33

Cookie 

I wiggled my nose, something ticklish was rubbing itself against my nose, it was very ticklish. I pushed the thing away with a giggle and murmured that it leave me alone. I giggled more as the thing trailed all the way to my ear, it was so ticklish.

'Cut it out Tickle,' I giggled. The thing moved down to my lips, I rolled over and laughed.

'Wake up sweetie,' I opened my eyes and glared playfully at Ted. He was tickling me with a feather. 'Morning my... Sanity.'

'Your sanity?'

'You owe the key to me yelling one minute and pulling my hair or having me behave like a love struck teenage boy.' He said with a beautiful smile, I smiled back at him, his face hovering mine. I raised my hands and cupped his cheeks.

'Good morning love, I hope you slept well?'

'Thanks to you doing all my work, I could rest.'

'Did you check it out? If I got it right?' I asked, playing with his cheeks. He reached down and kissed my nose, my forehead, my cheeks and kissed down to my neck. He took my hands and kissed the tips of my fingers as we stare at each other and of course, I giggled. 'What are you doing?'

'I don't know,' he said chucklingly. 'I just find myself doing it. Cookie what are you doing to me?'

'Coco, what are YOU doing to me?' I asked back gigglingly. He laughed and knelt up, my legs between his. I sighed and sat up. 'Did I do it right?'

'Yes babe, you did it perfectly, even more than I could do in a day. Thank you.' He smiled, I smiled back. I'm useful! I'm useful!

'Coco, can I ask you something?' I asked shyly, I knew his answer would be a plain no but I still had to try.

'Anything for you,'

'Can I get a job?'

'No.' He said plainly, so fast I am hundred percent sure that he said it before his brain registered it.

'I'm jobless here,'

'No, N-O, NO.' He got off me and climbed out of the bed.

'Ted please, okay let me focus on my gymnast career, please?'

'It remains no.'

'Then what am I suppose to do! Remain in the house like a fucking housewife!'

'We are not married, you don't have to work either, I have enough to provide for us.' He remained stubborn. He walked to the bathroom, I stood up and followed him.

'You are not going to do that to me, you won't imprison me just like that! Ted, if we are going to do this shit, you won't fully control my life.' I tried to keep my voice down as I walked into the bathroom.

'I'm a mafia, you can get killed!' Trust him to yell at me all the time.

'I don't care! I can't live my whole life being trapped indoors, what would I be doing? I hate being in one place, I don't like it. I am reckless, I love being independent. How do you think I would feel knowing you are paying my bills for me.' I ended softly.

'You have that pub, saloon thingy and your bookshop. You might not work there but you still receive payment every week.' He said upsettingly, turning on the faucet of the bathtub.

'First of all, it's a café, not a saloon or pub. Second of all, I can't do this if I'm going to just sit down in this house all day.'

'You can start by making breakfast for me, I'm hungry.'