Chapter 50

Cookie

LONDON

It had been three days since I arrived in London, six days after I broke up with Ted. I had better things to bother about here, it was more important; for now. Dad was going to introduce me to all his men, the one that could come at such short notice. I smeared a velvet grape lipstick on as I catwalked along side him as he lead me to the meeting room.

'Are you sure you want to do this? You can have a normal life you know,' he tried to convince me otherwise but I wasn't going to listen.

'Dad, please open the door.' One shocking thing Yolanda reviewed to me, Valería was my sister. I saw the DNA test but decided to keep it a secret until the time is right. Valería stayed back Italy because Armando didn't want to leave his dream country and of course, his new sweetheart behind.

He was determine to make Yolanda his friend, so he can date her in the future.

He's wasting his time.

Dad already gave her an opportunity to be the doctor she wanted to be. He placed her under an old doctor, to take training for five years and after that, he will give her a certificate. Valería was more than happy to stay back. I know she saw it as an opportunity to get to know Carlos since she collected enough information from Yolanda, but it wasn't my business.

The door opened, I walked in with dad with a sweet smile. There were lot of men in there, all sitting. They stood up immediately we walked in and bowed simultaneously. Dad snapped his fingers, making them all straighten up. He led me to the front where two chair was placed. 'This is my daughter, Praxina. She is now second in command, her words hold. No one is to disobey her, no one is to challenge her authority because if she kills you, you are on your own. Praxina, sitting here are 200 men, the available ones.'

'Any special man?' I asked, looking around.

'Yes,' five men walked out and bowed. 'This is Duncan, my right hand man. He will inform you on anything and everything you need to know about the UK mafias.'

'You're in charge of the UK mafias, right?'

'I oversee it since Ted is always busy.' He said. I looked at Duncan, he was too muscular for my liking.

'Nice to meet you Miss Newton,' he smiled. One word flew into my head at seeing his smile. "Traitor"

'And you are?' I asked the blonde one.

'Carswell is in the head of IT department, the brains. That is Joel, weapon expert. North is our best pilot and Trevor is good with explosive. This men make things happen for me because I'm too lazy to.' Dad said as he sat on one of the chair. My eyes were fixed on Duncan, my instinct was on fire and I was going to act on it.

I walked forward and began walking around him, circling him as I tried to pick out the error I was looking for. I took a look at him from head to toes and stepped back, I couldn't see anything but I could feel it. 'Hand me your phone and communicators,' I commanded. He raised a brow at me. 'Don't question me, I am not here for jokes.' He looked at dad who was looking at me, equally puzzled by my actions.

'Prax, you okay?'

'Phone, now,' he sharply handed me his phone, the communicator that was in his ear and wristwatch. 'What is this for?' I asked Carswell.

'We use it to keep in contact, so we won't have to use a phone. The ear communicators acts like earphones, just in case someone is to be around the corner. The wristwatches are linked to our minds, it brings out our wanted thoughts and whisper it to our ears so we won't use words either. That way, no voice record can be dated.' Carswell explained. I nodded, he's so cute!