Chapter 34

Ted 

Ever walked with a candy angel? Like a real one on land? Well, you can try Cookie for a start. She wore different kind of pink, too much pink that made her look like a anime candy princess. Why? She wore one of those funny anime puffy gown with different kinds of pinks, another type of pink boots that almost reached her knees, gloves, jewelries, beads, hairpins, makeup and the very finishing top, her hair and eye lens for the day were pink. Each pink took either a paler, darker, brighter or neon shade. So yes, she looked like a anime candy princess.

Why I said she is an angel, everywhere she stepped in, a sudden bright light and energy flowed from her body and infected everyone else. They begin laughing and smiling like her, her aura was encouraging. The toy factory had different toy sections. Everywhere she branched, every single person she crossed, they all smiled at her and complimented either her voice, outfit, beauty or all of the above. Everything she asked for, she received double of it, even the ones she didn't ask for, she received.

So far, two cars loaded with all her gifts had already been delivered home with the order to set it in her room before our arrival. Right now, I was standing behind her with hands in my pockets as I stared at the president of the toy factory offering her a job as the face and ambassador of the company.

'I swear Mr McLean, I would have loved to be the face and ambassador of this company but...' She trailed off and looked over her shoulder at me. 'This is my...'

'Brother,' I cut in. 'And I don't appreciate my sister working here.' I said coldly.

'Sorry sir, but this sister of yours is a star, one that will help this company rise. She has been going around encouraging people to buy for their kids and others just by smiling and talking. We have gotten a lot of gain, more than I expected we would get today. With her face and enthusiasm, we would be able to kick off good into business. I assure you that her pay will be satisfying, very very good for a start.'

'I have my reason Mr McLean, I'm sorry. Sis, let's go.' I took her hand and pulled her along.

'Don't worry! I'll talk to him and will get back to you within two days!' She shouted. She's confident.

'I will be expecting your reply!' He shouted back. I walked faster, not caring if she could keep up or if I was hurting her with how tight my grip was or how high the heels of her boot was either.

'Coco, you are hurting my wrist,' she whimpered. I ignored her as I opened the passenger door for her. I roughly shoved her into the car and slam the door shut. I walked over to the other side, muttering curses to that old man who has given us another reason to fight and have her snub me again. I got into the car too and started the engine. 'Coco, can we talk about this?'

'Can you be quiet!!!' I thundered. She sneered.

'You know you talking does not scare me, only encourages me to speak more. Since it's quiet you want, then quiet you will get.' She turned her head to the window, boiling with anger too.

Great, here we go again. What is wrong with me?

Simple, you are an idiot. You are driving her away Ted, get a hold of yourself.

She can get hurt.

And she can hate you if you keep behaving like this. Have you thought about that?

I don't want to lose her, even if she hates me, she will still remain with me.

Have you forgotten she is Cookie? She might be stuck with you but she can also make you miserable until you kill her. Leave her be Ted.

But...

Leave her!

My ears perked at the sound of sobbing. I looked at her as she tried to clean off her tears. I don't like hurting her, seeing her cry...