Chapter 16

Cookie 

The car stopped at the parking lot of a small restaurant, I was pushing my face into the window in excitement and desperation to jump out of the car and get at eating as soon as possible. Edward's mother found me something "decent" to wear; a plain blue skinny jeans and an oversize white flutter shirt. Trust me, I took a scissors and turned the jeans into a skinny ripped jeans and tied the top tightly until it looked like the one I wore there. Then I wore my cowgirl boots and hat, you should have seen her face when I walked out of one of their bedroom looking sexy.

'Come on,' I urged him impatiently, tugging at his arm so he would open the door. He gave me a new rule, never step out without permission.

'Calm down,' he laughed, opening the door gently, he stepped out first and took my hand. I bounced out of the car with a hyper excitement, rubbing my hands together. 'If your mouth don't kill you, food will.'

'All are mouth related,' I said gigglingly. I tugged at his to follow me. He nodded at his men who were chuckling at my excitement, right before I whisked him away. We entered the restaurant, me smiling like I was a smile freak and him sighing repeatedly. He wore a blue hoody over a sapphire baseball cap to cover his identity as he said. I pulled him to a table for two and drummed my nails impatiently. A waitress carried herself to us, an obvious plastic smile on her face.

'Good evening and welcome to Pasta Castle lá Beef Feast...'

'Huh?' I asked.

'We sell more pasta and meat related foods, I don't know, I'm not the owner so what can I get you? You are welcome to be the first few to try our new spaghetti recipe.'

'No, we are good. Cookie?'

'I'll have three tenderloin steaks with chilli or bearnaise sauce, chateau mashed potatoes, extra cheesy burgers; two to be precise and two apple cheesecake – don't know if you have those – one blueberry yogurt or any yogurt at all and chocolate mud cakes for dessert. Got that?' She stared at me with mouth open. 'Helloooo,' I snapped my fingers at her face.

She shook her head. 'Ma'am, are you sure you don't want something like a garden salad, veggie burger, something lighter?'

'I'm sorry, are you the one eating it?'

'I'm sorry, we don't have apple cheesecake,'

'Then replace it with a cauldron size ice cream sundae with lot of cherries on top,' I said with excitement. I looked at Ted and shrugged. He had his palm on his chin as he stared at me with mouth slightly parted. 'What? I love food.'

'Sir, will you order anything?' She asked with shock on her face too. I rolled my eyes and kicked his legs under the table.

'No way!' He shouted. 'You are not eating all those in one sitting.'

'But...'

'Make it zero dessert, one chateau mash potato and two tenderloin steaks with just bearnaise sauce.'

'Why,' I whined. 'You promised me dinner,'

'I promised you dinner, not something that will send you to a mortuary, what the fuck do you take your stomach for? Indestructible!' He snapped.

'Are you the owner of the stomach, how is it your business.' I said with a childish annoyance.

'Well, not with my money, get a job.'

'And who told you I am poor,' I snorted. 'I have a café...hey! I haven't checked on my café because of you!'

'Please, get me what I order,' Ted sighed. The waitress was shifting her body stylishly, wanting to body flirt with him.