Chapter 52

Dinah

I hugged my knees as I stared around me new home, a beautiful autumn coloured room with sunset painting and white and orange furniture. I really loved the room. I had my own television and everything to make me comfortable which was suspicious, why am I being treated with care? I had been there for three days, I ate as though it was my house. I was still looking at the ceiling when the door opened and she walked in. I shifted back on the bed, she's finally here to kill me.

'Hello sweetie, enjoying your stay here?' I glared at her suspiciously. 'Don't look at me like that, I am not here to hurt you.'

'Why are you treating me nicely?'

'Because I'm not as bad as you see me as,' she smiled, sitting at the edge of the bed. 'Hello Dinah, my name is Praxina, but you can call me Cookie. It's nice to meet you.'

'No it's not, you want to kill me.'

She shook her head negatively. 'I won't.'

'And why should I believe you? I killed your friends, Carlina which turns out to be your cousin, I almost killed you and I snatched your boyfriend.'

'Because I am like you, I know what it feels like to have frustration push you into becoming someone you are not.' She sighed.

'How do you mean?'

'Growing up as a child, I was never loved by my father. Sure he gave me money, bought everything I needed but he never showed me love, never cared. He always chose my brothers over me and whenever I was attached to and happy over something, he would destroy it. He hated me, I had a friend once, her name was Lulu. When he saw that she was making me happy, he took her away from me. He burnt all my drawings, models of dream houses, sent me to schools he know I will hate, imprisoned me in my room when my best friend, Melvin died. It was awful, I became a rebel because of that. I fought with everyone and anyone, became a bitch to make his life miserable. It was hard.

Then I found out that the woman I loved and trust so much, lied to me. He wasn't my father, she cheated on him and had me. He didn't want to let her go so he kept me, to make me suffer for my mother's crime. Then he planned to make me marry an old man, I ran away. I was so sad and frustrated, tried to be happy. I met a friend, she was amazing. She taught me how to control my anger, use my charms to get people instead of using my violence. I really love her. Everything seemed fine but I couldn't help but feel like something was missing, like something wasn't right. Then Yolanda came and he came, I saw him and everything became right, the gap in my life got filled up.

Ted made me happy as I made his life miserable...' She giggled. 'He showed me the love I never thought I would receive, in a much crazy way. I suffered for him; got raped, beaten, stabbed, starved, whipped, kidnapped, shot at and fought death for him. I lost my memories, I almost died. I blame you, but I don't hate you, I'm too nice to do that to anyone. What I want to know is why? Why you are so bitter. I know it's not just because you love him, you hated him first...'

'He killed my boyfriend, made me lose my womb,' I cut her off. 'Just like you, all I ever wanted was my father, my own father to love and care for me like a father should. My mother was a whore, a cheap harlot. She brought men into the house and slept with them even though I was there, even to my knowledge. She killed my father, the only man that ever loved me. He returned from a trip only to catch her fucking his best friend. They got into an argument and she accidentally killed him. I watched my own father die. Then, five months later, she married my stepfather, Tye. He was cruel and a sadist, wasn't satisfied with his wives.

He raped me whenever mother wasn't around and after he was done, he would inject me so I would forget. At first it was working, not until I grew immune to the substance, not until it started affecting my brain. I suffered so many nights, at such a young age I was experience sexual harassment, it was soul breaking. I decided to stop crying, stop fighting, get use to it and use it to my own gain. I am not insane, just broken with a little affected brain from all the drugs he forced me to take.