Chapter 51

Ted

I was trying not to panic as the FBI checked every inch of my company, rummaging and turning things upsidedown. I was patiently waiting for what would happen, why it was happening. My hands were in my pockets, they were checking the last room. The man in charge cleared his throat as he walked to me.

'There is obviously nothing here, we are sorry for disturbing you...'

'You walked into my property to humiliate me, that isn't going to go down that easy.'

'We are very sorry sir, our informant gave us clear...'

'And who is that?!' They opened their mouth to talk but couldn't. 'Get out,' I gritted my teeth as I glared at them.

'Once again, we are sorry for the disturbance.'

'Just tell your boss that him and the government should be ready for damage control because if this is to affect my company, my name and everything concerning me, you will all pay.'

'Alright sir,' I watched them walk out. I let out a breath I didn't know I was holding and rubbed my forehead.

'Dad!' My head snapped back to the entrance. Yolanda ran to me, wearing a denim jean jacket which was inside out and a gown I doubt she will ever wear out. I chuckled. She must have found out about whatever the person did and cleared it up. 'Dad, are you okay?' I ruffled her hair since she claims she's bigger than hugs and kisses.

'I'm fine, thanks for clearing whatever happened here.'

'Cleared? But I didn't clear anything. We got stuck in traffic... If I didn't, who did?' I furrowed my brows.

'Yolanda!' I unconsciously took in a sharp breath and looked at her run in with a big smile, the Cookie smile I knew so well.

'Mom!' Yolanda left me and ran to her. I sighed and looked away, so the pain of seeing her won't give me a heart attack. 'When did you get back?'

'Last night,'

'And you didn't call me,' Yolanda's hurt voice said. I looked back at them, she was looking at me with an expression I couldn't fathom.

'I didn't come here for nothing. Immediately I landed, I had my men clear the bodies and organs being stuffed here.'

'You did that?' I found myself asking.

'But in the footage, I saw some men putting...'

'I intercepted it because I knew you or River would figure it out and try to clear the glitch. He was watching it, I needed him to believe that his plan was working.'

'Him?' I asked, already knowing the answer. 'Braddock, right?'

'He's alive,' she said and nodded. 'Ted, we need to talk, like this instant.'

'Okay, Yolanda, take whoever came with you to double check the hidden rooms, I don't want any mistake.'

'Yes daddy,' she looked at Cookie who smiled at that before she ran out. Cookie stood up from her swatting position and walked out. She simply wanted me to follow her.

~

~

~

I opened the door to my secret apartment and held it for her to walk in. She sighed and walked into the apartment. I shut the door and locked it. 'Nice place you have got here.'

'Thank you,' she walked over to the kitchen to probably get herself something to drink. I dropped my phones on the table in the living room and took off my suit jacket and shirt. I dropped the key to my car and the apartment and sat down on the chair.