Chapter 55

Valería's standpoint

I rubbed my hands on the side of my beautiful white wedding dress, for my fake wedding. I was really nervous because if things didn't work out as planned, I would eventually die. Carlos assured me that everything would be okay, but I wasn't convinced at all. I didn't want my first wedding experience to be fake but I didn't have a choice. I smiled nervously as I stared at myself in the mirror, Carlos and Carolyn looking at me with a smile. Well, Carolyn was taking pictures.

'I don't want to do this,' I whined.

'We've been through this, you can, just relax.'

'Am I going to kiss him? I can't kiss my sister's fiancé,'

'For a good course Ria,' Carlos said, maintaining his cool voice.

'Aren't you jealous? That your girlfriend is going to be kissing another man?' I huffed.

'When I know it's fake?' He asked back, folding his arms.

'I wanted my first wedding experience with you, this sucks.' I complained.

'Valería, it's your wedding day, don't misbehave,' Caro scolded. 'Now, get yourself together, we have to head to the church.' Carlos stood up and walked to me.

'Milady,' he bowed gentlemanly. I placed my hand on his and sighed.

'Why am I doing this again?'

'Because you love your sister and want her to be safe,'

'Hmm, that's a good point,' I grinned. He chuckled and helped me down from the stool. I slipped my feet into my white stilettos and wiggled my toes. 'Ready.'

'Okay, let's go.' He interlocked his arm with mine. My stomach fluttered from nervousness. I can't even imagine myself marrying Ame, he's very scary. Aside from Cookie, Yolanda, Cephas and few times, Carlos, he's mean and rude to anyone else.

I loved Carlos, really really love him. He's everything I want in a man; dangerous but since when have my life ever been normal? I really want to spend the rest of my life with him, even though I am yet to fathom why I love him. He isn't ready for the commitment of marriage or having kids, but I know one day we will get married.

To forward how it happened; dad walked me down the aisle, I almost collapsed standing so close to Ame, almost melted when he smiled at me like I was the most priceless thing in his life, when he placed a kiss on my lips. That moment, I got a glimpse of what Cookie was enjoying. I shook my head to delete the thought, I shouldn't be thinking about that. Carlos wasn't as caring and warm as Ame, so far he had been showing me the him Cookie knew and I was starting to get little emotions. Just in two days. The man was taking my breath away.

Don't fall for his charms Valería, he's your sisters fiancé... I mentally scolded myself.

'Here,' he said softly, dropping a glass of warm milk on the table. We were on one of his island now, took two days to get here. 'Drink it, food will be ready in ten minutes.'

'Thank you,' he nodded and turned to leave, to continue his arrangement. 'Er, sir...'

'Ame,' he cut me off. 'I've told you to call me Ame, not sir.'

'Okay, sorry sir... Ame.'

He exhaled. 'What is it? Is the headache still bothering you?'

'Not really, I just wanted to ask a question if you won't mind.'

'Okay, what is it?'

'Promise you won't get mad?' I asked pleadingly.

'Just ask, I won't get mad.'