Chapter 54

Cookie's standpoint

I looked around the wood coloured bedroom, clutching my bag nervously with a fast beating heart. I was in his room, sitting on the cushion while he got me something to drink in the bar. I didn't want to do anything, I didn't want to be here. I miss Ted, I miss having him possessively yell at any man who touch or come close to me. Right now, I just needed him to keep me safe from this man.

Don't be a coward Cookie, remember you're doing this for him. You have to survive so you can return to him, your ring is waiting for you.

I smiled at my subconscious advice, I had a ring waiting for me. The thought of having him go on his knees and slip a ring into my finger was making my stomach's butterflies flutter wildly. I reached up and grabbed the locket he gave me, my promise locket. The hollow in my stomach slowly faded off, I was feeling better again.

'Here you go,' he smiled, dropping my glass on the blue glass table. 'Drink up.'

'Thank you,' I said shyly, tucking my hair behind my ears. I picked up the glass and held it tight with both palms, squeezing it like I was extremely shy. I closed my legs together and stared at the greenish blue liquid.

'What are you doing here in Greece?' He started the conversation.

'Faced something terrible back in the state, wanted to get away and start afresh.'

'What did you face? Drink up,' I brought the glass to my lips and stylishly sniffed it for poison. I put the cup down and licked my lips.

'Boy trouble,' I said shakily, like I was going to cry. 'Please, I don't wanna talk about it...'

'Since I want to talk about it, you will too. Now, tell me what happened.' He commanded harshly. I scoffed mentally.

'I've never been lucky with relationships, even though I'd spent all my childhood dreaming about my perfect Prince Charming. Things like that don't exist, I know that now a little tok late. I can't even count the number of times I have gotten my heart broken and trampled on. I couldn't take it anymore, I needed a new start so I came here to get one. I don't even plan on having any sexual or romantic relationship with any man...'

'I am not any man,' he cut in arrogantly.

'You might not look very old, but I know you are. I can't sleep with any man far older than I am.'

'And how old do you think I am?'

'I don't know, late thirties or early forties.' I shrugged.

'And how old are you?'

'Twenty nine,'

'Again, what makes you think I am interested in having any relationship with you other than sex?' He asked with a innocent sly smile. I rolled my eyes and leaned back on the chair and folded my arms.

'I am not stupid, that is why I said I am not interested in sleeping with any man, not dating. I really hope you can understand me, I am not in the right emotional state to get in any one-nightstand with any man.' I looked away from his disturbing gaze and stared at anything other than his face. He remained quiet, Ted told me he is not easy to trick at all, a very clever man so I must be careful.

I heard him laugh whole heartedly, causing me to furrow my brows in confusion. I looked at him clearly confuse, mentally preparing myself for anything. 'You my dear, are a very good actress but not good enough for me. Do you really think you can fool me? Deceive a man like me?' He laughed. I remained calm, staring at him like he was some kind of lunatic. He stopped laughing abruptly and frowned, showing me once more how dangerous he is. 'Who sent you to me, tell me and I will make your death less painful.' He threatened.