Chapter 1

I glance at my office wall clock and it's show 1 pm. I have to finish my file work as soon as possible.  I am taking half day off because today is my baby boy birthday. I am happy because he is so excited for his birthday. I am single working mom that's why I have to manage everything on my own. I try to do everything best. Sometimes I do and sometimes I fail. I complete my file work within 15 minutes and go towards my boss cabin.

Outside of his cabin, there is a lady with mid forty, my boss assistant. I smile at her and asked, "how is his mood?" She heads up and look at me, "Kavya, never improvement."

Actually, my boss is fourty two year old and good person. He is my trainer, my teacher and I like him a lot. "oh" I told her with upset tone. She nodded and I knock my boss cabin door.

I hear his tensed voice, "come in" I open the door and step inside.

"Did you take your lunch?" I ask him and put my file on his table. He glance his wrist watch.

"Not now. I have to do a lot of work." He tell nicely. "And sorry, you have to do work today."

"It's ok." I said with waving my hand in air, "by the way, I cannot afford full day leave. You know. Now, tell me what Happened? why are you so tensed? I never saw you like that before."

He takes a long breath and asks, "are you not getting late now?"

"Don't worry. I have 15 minutes. So you can explain now." I tell him.

He runs his hand in his already messy hairs, "actually, you know our company is facing financial problem. We can any time bankrupt."

"So? You are CEO of this company, Not owner. That's why it's not your problem." I remind him.

He glares me and gives me answer, "thanks for telling me. But owner is selling this company to another one. I don't know about new owner so much. May be, he will short listed many employees."

I am thinking what will happen in future and I hear his voice again, "kavya say something. I can not read your face expression you know very well."

I nod and shrug my shoulders, "I don't know what to say?"

"Don't worry. I will not let you go anywhere." He assures me.

I look at him and ask, "are you sure your job is secure?"

He groan with anger, "you should thank to me you know."

I smile at him, "you know I am just like that. And don't over think. Be normal and enjoy your day. You can't change anything about it. That's why wait and watch."

He smirks, "you know that's why I like you. Sometimes you talk harshly but that is true."

I giggle, "you always appreciate me and thank you for everything you do for me. By the way, bye. I am getting late. And you are coming in the party?" I stand up.

"Sorry. I will not but Sunita (his wife) and Kunal (his twelve years old son) will be there at time. Don't forget if you need any help, Sunita will be only a call away." He tells polietly.

"Thank you. But you know it's small party only for kids and only your  family is invited so I can manage myself. And I will wait for you too." I tell him and exit from his cabin without waiting his answer.

I tell his secretary to serve his lunch and tell him I said it. I know he will never deny to me.

I reach Aahan's school for picking him . He was doing drawing. I call his name, "Aahan" he looks at me and runs towards me, "mommy." He hugs me. I sat down and hug him back. He kisses on my cheek.