Introduction

'BROKEN'  -Unknown

"I'm sorry sisi but you are 5 weeks pregnant." Doctor Cele's words keep on playing like a recorded CD in my head.

Sigh.

What now? I don't want to go back to that house , if I try escaping where do I even go? I don't have anything on me right now or anything to my name and it'll be pointless to just run away with nothing only for me to stay in the streets where my grandparents would easily find me.

Sigh.

"I hope you ready Miss Dube , your grandfather is waiting for you by the reception and he has already signed your discharge papers." Doctor Cele says smiling sadly at me after she walked in. I wipe my tears with my shaky hands and breath out.

"Uhm yeah , thank you." I say quietly getting off the bed and wear my shoes.

"Go well and I hope you heal." She says brushing my shoulder lightly.

"Oh uhm Doc , does my grandfather know?" She smiles.

"I wouldn't want to lose my license , I respect rules very much my dear." She says. I don't know what her response means but it definitely wasn't what I was looking for.

My eyes lock with my grandfather's and all I see is anger , he walks away not even waiting for me. I get in the backseat and he drives off before I could even close the door. I'm dead meat once they learn the truth.

"Where was she?" Is the first thing my grandmother asks when we enter the house.

"Hospital." My granddad answers then walks away leaving me with this dragon lady.

"TALK!" She shouts.

"I fainted due to being dehydrated." I respond then bite my lip in anticipation.

"You better not be pregnant or else uzongazi sdwedwe ndini !" She then walks out , bumping my shoulder on purpose.

Sigh. What did I do to deserve such people as my grandparents thou?

__________

My name is Nomandla Hlonela Mbanjwa. A 19 year old girl , born and bred in the dusty streets of ULundi. I work as a waitress at some Pub in town , it's not much but it sure helps me cope and get away from this house.

My grandparents use the Dube surname while I use Mbanjwa and I never knew why but my grandmother once mentioned something like I'm using my father's surname and so I never bothered that issue again.

》》》》》》》》》》》》》》》