Chapter 22

'Blast the music until you can't hear a fucken thing' ~Unknown.

I was woken up by soft kisses and someone caressing my face and I know it's not Nkazi cause she slept with my grandparents since they here. I open one eye and my mother smiles widely and kisses me all around my face , I groan and hide my face and I hear her laugh.

Mom : "Good morning my baby."  She says.

Me : "Good morning Nobuhle." She giggles and shoves me playfully , I open my covers for her and she gets in and cuddles me.

Mom : "I always wanted this." I smile.

Me : "I know right , I've always wanted it too." She smiles and kiss my forehead.

Mom : "Your father is back from his trip and I thought we should visit him? What do you say?" I turn to look at her.

Me : "Are you sure I won't be witnessing you being all lovey dovey together? Cause I won't stand it." I say frowning. She laughs.

Mom : "You just being silly , well you might return back home alone or you can also go visit your friends."

Me : "Fine. I need your advice on something."

Mom : "okay?"

Me : "So you know the guy I'm dating right?" She nods

Mom : "That boy? Yeah."

Me : "Well I cheated on him with Nkazi's father. I let Nkazi's father break my virginity." She gasps then laughs so hard. Well Mandy couldn't wait to tell mom that I was a virgin mother.

Me : "Mahhhh."  I whine.

Mom : "Finally you are a FULL mother. Do you regret it?"

Me : "No I don't actually , I just regret the timing." She laughs softly and I shoot her a look.

Mom : "I'm sorry baby. Do you love this boyfriend yours?"

Me : "to be honest I don't know about love."

Mom : "Nkazi's father? What is it about him."  I smile.

Me : "I don't know but Nkosi makes me feel comfortable , most of the time it's like I'm chilling with my friend. He doesn't like Ice cream but he'll still buy it for me even yesterday at his house , he had bought a tub of tinroof Ice cream just because I love Ice cream. He's gentle with me and he listens to me when I tell him about my dreams for the future. He always makes me feel like I matter even though we not dating. He respects me and understands me most of the time and if he doesn't he let's me explain to him until he gets whatever I'm tryna say. It's like he knows me." She cuts me off

Mom : "Okay woah! Your boyfriend?" I exhale.

Me : "He's always busy , always expects me to jump whenever he is available for 'lunch' cause that's all we ever do , go out for lunch. He also doesn't like Ice cream so he doesn't bother buying it for me. He's always jealous , he compares himself with Nathi too much , he somehow thinks they are in competition. Argh. He always feels the need to tell me what to do , he's kinda controlling."

Mom : "I think you know the answer baby. To me it seems like you love your baby daddy but you tolerate your boyfriend because that's what he is , your boyfriend. I say take some time and think about how staying in a relationship with someone like your boyfriend or baby daddy would be good for you and when you find your answer do the right thing. Follow your heart baby."  I smile.

Me : "Thank you mama. I love you."  She smiles with tears glistening in her eyes , it was the first time I ever said it to her.

Mom : "Ohh baby. I love you more."