Chapter 28

The past few months have been good to me and my sanity. I met my grandfather , my father's father and I love him so much! He's my gummy bear , he makes sure to call me everyday and that I visit him every month , the day I met him he literally cried holding me so tight. Well my father bought me a car and mom's dad took it and said I'll only use the car when I'm done with my degree , apparently it's something he does to every grandchild of his and our parents know it. Mandy is pregnant but she's still hiding it from everyone because she's scared of Mkhulu's wrath when he finds out who is her baby daddy. I am an IT student in Berea Technical College. Wawa has suddenly disappeared , no-one knows where she is , it is suspected that she ran away with her man 'Sihle' and I must say her father looked distraught more than MaBiyela. I still visit MaBiyela together with Nkazi. Oh Nkazi , that one is always with her grandmother , MaJiyane and I guess she enjoys it. She's a full Biyela now since Nathi paid damages and he even paid for breaking my virginity.

**********
Me : "Hey ma."

MaJiyane : "Hey baby."

Me : "I just wanted to let you know that I'll be fetching Nkazi around 12 noon."

MaJiyane : "so early though?!!" I laugh cause she's always doing this , even if I had to fetch Nkazi later she'd still complain that it'll be 'so early though'

Me : "She'll come again some other time mama."

MaJiyane : "Fine! Tell that boy to also visit man! I'm his mother!" I laugh

Me : "I'll tell him when I see him."

MaJiyane : "I'm not stupid , I know y'all in bed together." I laugh and cut the call.

****************

I feel his hands pulling me closer to him from behind and I yank his hands off and get out of bed. I'm still mad at him , yesterday he ditched me for his 'female friend' who needed his help apparently only for him to come home with a lipstick stain on his shirt and he was drunk.

Nathi : "Baby , I'm sorry for ditching you but she needed my help and I take her as my sister , nothing more or less. I wouldn't even look another woman like that while I have you babe , believe me please."

Me : "If it's like that then why does your shirt have a lipstick stain on it?" He looks at me like I'm crazy.

Nathi : "what stain?" He asks also getting out of bed and checks his shirt on the couch , I see his face turn into shock. He clicks his tongue and grabs his phone , presses it for sometime only when it starts ringing I notice he's making a call. He gently grabs me to his lap as I was about to walk out.

Voice : "Nkosi? Hey."  It's a woman's voice that sounds so flirty.

Nathi : "You better start explaining yourself Nokwazi!"  His voice sounds so scary and hoarse.

Nokwazi : "What are you talking about?"  She asks chuckling nervously.

Nathi : "TALK!"

Nokwazi : "Aw nkosiyami Nkosi , I don't know what you talking about!"

Nathi : "Explain your lipstick on my shirt Nokwazi and if you dare lie to me , oh so God help me. Uyangizwa? Uzonya."

Nokwazi : "I'm sorry. I j--"  I actually don't wanna hear it so I zone out of their conversation.

Nathi : "Baby?" He shakes me gently , I turn to him.

Me : "Yini Nkosinathi?" He smiles at me shyly.

Nathi : "I'm sorry for ditching you like that yesterday when it was supposed to be our time together especially without Nonkazimulo. I'm really sorry babe."

Me : "ok"  I stand up and go shower. I get back and he has tidied around the room but nowhere in sight , I settle for his black sweatpants and a white hoodie. I tie my hair into a high tight puffed out Afro pony then wear some socks and sneakers. I grab my phone , charger and backpack. I go down to the kitchen and I find him plating for us so I settle on the dining table. He hands me a cup of hot coffee and puts a plate of pancakes with whipped cream and cinnamon powder , scrambled eggs with cheese sauce , bacon and some sausage infront of me. This is too much if you ask me but I don't want to offend him or seem unappreciative so I dig in.

Nathi : "I hope you enjoy."

Me : "It's delicious , thank you." I say taking a sip of my hot coffee. He nods and continues eating. When we done I take the dishes to the kitchen and attempt to wash them but he stops me.

Nathi : "Don't wash them , Aunt'May will be here. I nod.

Nathi : "Can I please take you to school?" He asks nervously scratching his big head.

Me : "Let's go." He carries my bag for me and holds my hand and we walk out to the garage.