Chapter 46

FIVE MONTHS LATER!!!

It has been a pretty tough five months , Nathi has been in coma since that fateful night and I gave birth prematurely at eight months of my pregnancy due to my high stress levels that almost made me lose my son. I named him Sabelosethu Nkosenye Biyela , Nathi had already paid for him. Mr Biyela Snr officially hates me and my kids for his own known reason.

MaJiyane : "I hope they have good news for us thus time around."  She says as we enter the hospital. Mr Biyela Snr talks to the receptionist who makes a call than tells us to wait abit.

Doctor : "Greetings." We stand up acknowledging him.

Mr Biyela Snr : "How's my son?"

Doctor : "I'm sorry but we have tried everything we can but his heart stopped beating. We tried reviving him but nothing. Again I'm sorry."  MaJiyane faints while I'm lost for words. I sit down and call my mom's dad to come fetch me.

Mr Biyela Snr : "Wena ntombazane! I wish my son never met you! You are a curse in our lives man. If only you accepted his request to make you his wife , a better person then we wouldn't be here. Ever since you came into our lives , my kids are having problems! First it was uWawa now it's my son! Nx I don't wanna see you and your brats kwami. Siyezwana?!" 

Mkhulu : "Heeeeey! Biyela! That us my daughter you talking with kanjalo man. My daughter will attend the funeral and I'll be waiting for details on when is it and everything else Okay?" Mkhulu takes my hand and we walk out , when we get to the car ; I start crying softly. My body is shaking so much as I cry.

As soon as Mkhulu parks the car in the yard , I get out and go lock myself in my room with both my kids , that I found asleep on my bed. I scroll through my phone looking at our pictures and videos we took. It feels really surreal that he is gone.

#

WEEK LATER!

Yesterday I tried going over to Nathi's home for his memorial but security was tight and I was thrown out like a dog. Mr Biyela Snr made it clear that he doesn't want me in his yards or he'll get me arrested for trespassing so here I am. Tomorrow is his funeral and I can't even say goodbye or take his kids to say goodbye atleast. I had been locked up in my room since last night. A hard knock comes through and I open because I have an idea that it may be my scary grandfather.

Dad : "Go bath and get dressed baby."  I look at him blankly.

Me : "Dad , I'm not in the mood."  I say in a whisper.

Dad : "You don't want to say goodbye to your man?" I huff and drag myself to the bathroom. I don't know why I'm even letting him convince me but it's worth a try.

After an hour we were on the road with my father , both grandfathers and uncle Mthoko. We got to Kokstad after sometime , we were in some guest house that was able to accommodate us all. It was already late so we ate supper that we had bought on our way then retired to bed.

Next morning , my father woke me up early and we got ready. I was standing in front of the mirror , I looked so crusty with my red swollen eyes and face that clearly showed i was crying. I sigh heavily as tears make their way out making me cry allover again. I know I made a dump mistake by turning down his proposal but I seriously was overwhelmed and scared. I can't believe the only man who's ever made me experience intense true love was no more , I was officially a single mother to two toddlers which one of them doesn't even know how his father's arms felt like or what he looked like.

Mkhulu : "Yoyo."  He whispers peeping through the door , I try to smile at him. He sits me on the bed and hugs me tight praying.

Mkhulu : "Forgive yourself mntanam , it wasn't your fault. Don't let yourself carry burden that isn't yours and might end up taking you a way from your kids okay?"  I nodded crying , he wipes my tears and we walk out to the car.

We arrive in the Biyela home and the guards open the gate for us. Mkhulu is holding my hand as we walk to the tent. We settle in the back row and Mr Biyela Snr gives me an evil eye before focusing back on the priest in front. I'm crying almost throughout the service and when it's time to go to the cemeteries , we drive back home with my grandfather , father and uncles since it's inappropriate for me to go to the cemeteries when I was his girlfriend. When we get home , Gogo makes us wash our hands with Intelezi just before I can enter the yard and she takes me to the car back yard and baths me with it. She makes sure that I eat then let's me sleep my broken heart away.