Chapter 23

#Narrated.

Bab'Dube : "When were you gonna tell me that you pregnant?" He asks holding Gabisile's hand.

Gabisile : "Leave me alone please!" 

Bab'Dube : "No , when were you gonna tell me?"

Gabisile : "Maybe never! It doesn't concern you!"

Bab'Dube : "No! That might be my child you carrying , so I want you to abort to avoid problems. I'm not letting you ruin my life Gabisile , you hear me?!"

Gabisile : "you must be out of your damn mind! This isn't your child but Makhathini's , you really think you can make me fall pregnant? I doubt it."

Bab'Dube : "Fuck you , you stupid bitch!" Gabisile just laughs at him.

Gabisile : "It takes two but unfortunately you can't." He clicks his tongue.

Bab'Dube : "I wonder what your precious Makhathini will say when he finds out that we were fucking."

Gabisile : "Try me and I'll expose your dirty little secrets , even the little things you and your wife think y'all swept under the carpet."  His face changes instantly.

Bab'Dube : "Oh you don't wanna take me on little girl , you'll get burnt badly." He says coldly.

Gabisile : "I'm not scared of you!"

Bab'Dube : "Try me Gabisile."  He says coldly and walks out. Gabisile throws herself on the couch and her mother , Nomathemba walks in.

Noma : "Gabisile Prudence Ximba!"  She shouts.

Gabisile : "Mama why are you shouting when I'm close to you? Yini ngempela?!"

Noma : "I'll slap you mina , just because you opening your legs for these old men doesn't mean you grown up , I can still hit you mina ; do you hear me?!"

Gabisile : "Yebo ma."

Noma : "Now tell me what nonsense is this?" She asks throwing a piece of paper at her , Gabisile grabs it and runs her eyes through it then grin much to her mother's annoyance.

Gabisile : "Hawu mah! My baby daddy is asking for my hand in marriage." She says coolly.

Noma : "Fokof marn wena! How sure are you that , the baby you carrying is his since you were messing with your grandfather too?" She shouts fuming.

Thulani : "What? You said Gabisile did what?" That's Gabisile's father , Thulani.

Noma : "Exactly that Thulani. I have been wasting too much of my breath on this child of yours , I'm tired."

Thulani : "WeGabisile! How old are you again?"

Gabisile : "20 baba."

Thulani : "Then where the he'll do you get such nonsense from? Huh? Sleeping with old men? Don't you get everything you need here at home? Don't we do everything for you?"

Gabisile : "You do."  She says softly , playing with her hands looking down.

Thulani : "if you don't stop this stupid nonsense then consider yourself homeless and parent-less."

Gabisile : "But that's not fair baba! You and mama are always expecting me to act like this perfect little girl just to gloat to people a-...."  She gets cut off from her shouting by her father who just backslapped her.

Thulani : "Pack your bags and leave my house right now! I will not have a grown woman in this house mina besides your mother and if you can't follow her rules or instructions , leave my girl." Her parents walk off leaving her in tears.