Chapter 11

-we meet again." ~unknown

I had just came back from work and Wandi still wasn't back , my little Nkazi was playing on her playmat on the floor. I was busy with dinner when there was a knock on the door then it opened , Wandi walks in with some coloured girl behind her.

Wandi : "Hey babes."

Me : "Hi."

Wandi : "I wasn't talking to you Nela but my baby."  She says smiling while picking up a happily screaming Nkazi.

Wandi : "Anywho , babes this is our new neighbor Mandy ; she lives just next door."  I smile.

Me : "Hi Mandy it's a pleasure to meet you. I am Hlonela by the way."

Mandy : "I'll just call Nela. It's a pleasure to meet you too." We shake hands.

Wandi : "Can we go out for dinner?" I switch off the stove.

Me : "let me go change."  I rush to my room and get dressed for a black short strap dress and some sandals.

Mandy : "We'll use my car." We go out to the parking and get in her car,  she drives a black BMW 1 series. We settle for dinner at Olive & Oil in Glenwood. Mandy has been taking glances at me since we were introduced.

Wandi : "Why you keep looking at Nela like that?" I guess she also noticed , Mandy giggles and shakes her head.

Mandy : "Nothing , you just beautiful."

Me : "Thank you."

Mandy : "So what do you guys do?"

Wandi : "I'm into logistics ; I'm still a junior thou."

Me : "I'm a receptionist."  She smiles and nods.

Mandy : "Well I'm just an accountant." We keep talking and laughing,  getting to know each other.

Voice : "Ladies."  I turn and it's the guy I met at Nandos and I've forgotten his name.

Me : "Hey!" These two decide to ignore him.

Guy : "I thought I saw you and I just wanted to greet."

Me : "Well it was good to see again.."  he chuckles

Guy : "Hlonela. I'm so heartbroken , you forgot my name."  He says dramatically and I just chuckle.

Me : "No I didn't."

Guy : "what's my name then?"  I roll my eyes.

Me : "Fine , I forgot." He laughs.

Guy : "Well I guess I'll charge for that since it's very disrespectful." He smirks.

Me : "Oh really now?! So what is my fine sir?"  I ask with a raised eyebrow.

Guy : "Your numbers , so then I'll remind you my name by text."  I just laugh and give him.

Me : "That was wack by the way."

Guy : "Whatever. It was nice seeing you all ladies and I'm sorry for interrupting."

Wandi : "You already interrupted and you only remember now that it's disrespectful? Come on!"  She rolls her eyes dramatically. The guy laughs and bids goodbye before walking off.

Mandy : "Girl , next time you wanna flirt , walk away with the guy."

Me : "Flirt?! Y'all are exaggerating thou." They both roll their eyes.

Wandi : "You were flirting hau! I don't like him by the way."  She says frowning and flaring her nose while Mandy laughs.